Soundwave concerns

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by GravitysRainbow, May 19, 2009.

1. GravitysRainbow

GravitysRainbow Member

Hey all.

Does anyone else have slight concerns that we might not see Soundwave in robot mode during the film. I'm concerned we will only see him in satellite mode during his scenes in the movie.

2. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    basically kinda guessed this
    we will most likely hear him speak but doubht a robot mode unless a flashback of somesort
    it does suck but ehh always number 3

3. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, it's pretty obvious now if you fit together all the things we know and have seen or in his case, not seen.

He'll float in space, shoot off Ravage, probably say a few things in the voice, hack into some satellites but that will be it.

As of now I don't think we'll even see his robot mode in the movie.

I predict much wailing and gnashing of teeth because of this.

4. NitrogenB

NitrogenB Well-Known Member

Yup, I agree 100%.....and that sucks. Hopefully he'll have a much bigger role in the third film.

5. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    erm.........doesnt he go down to revive megatron with a bunch of others? surely hes in bot mode for that

6. hercules69

hercules69 Member

Dang i was really looking forward to See soundwave reek some havok.

7. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    We didn't see footage of Brawlastator's robot mode until the movie, and he was a major player for most of the final battle. And yes, there were people theorizing that he didn't actually show up.

8. hercules69

hercules69 Member

Well apparentlly theres supposed to be alot of Con's at the Egypt Battle...so i hope he shows up there.

9. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    this is one of those things we will have to wait and see id love to see his robot mode but like previoulsy posted everything weve learned so far is pointing in the direction of no robot mode for the movie at least

...ill stay optimistic for now i guess

10. scalan15

scalan15 Banned

In the book it says that he's still up in the sky as a satellite jamming communications, I think the movie will change that a bit and have him come down and join the battle, I remember reading a comment from someone involved with the movie stating that Soundwave's robot appearance has been a secret and that he looks amazing

11. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Look at it this way, Soundwave does not want to jepordize the mission, and perhaps he learns about the Fallen, and wants no part of it.

You can't just throw in every bot into the second movie just because the fans want to see whatever bot they want to see. I think from a plot standpoint, they are wise to not show everything. Anybody see Spiderman 3?

I want to see Prowl and Rodimus. I want to see seekers, I want to see Metroplex, but that cannot happen....yet. There are lots of stories to tell. :) 

12. NitrogenB

NitrogenB Well-Known Member

Good point.

13. hercules69

hercules69 Member

I hope he will have a more forefront role when the third movie comes out. We'll prolly see him floating in space and such. maybe in egypt. only time will tell...( prays )

14. GravitysRainbow

GravitysRainbow Member

Kinda sucks if we dont see him tho. I understand that he couldn't be worked into the first film. It's great he is in ROTF but it would be a huge shame not to see his robot form. I can't wait another 2 years to see him in TF3.

x Keeping my fingers crossed x

15. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    *possible spoilers* His robot mode appeared in Alliance and Defiance and it matches the toy, so I hope that he appears in RotF. The prequels depict him as a robot of some power and influence. He was in charge of the Nemesis and had the authority to order Starscream to report to him. It would make sense to me that he has had some contact with The Fallen while they travelled on the Nemesis -- you're never telling me that The Fallen didn't give any orders on that voyage. I am pretty sure he has an appearance. Even if it is near the end at the Egyptian battle and Megatron's retreat.

16. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Yea, we could see him at the end on the Nemesis with Megatron while Megs tells his army to "arise." Other than that, he will be plaing with the satellites (having fun and eating cookies :p )

But think about it, in G1 he didn't fight much. All he did was eject Ravage, Laserbeak, Frenzy, Rumble, and whoever else to do the jobs. He didn't do much fighting just spy and communications work. And he got to stand there and look pretty next to Megatron.

In the book "The Rise of the Decepticons" he is seen in robot mode landing on the satellite. I think that we see him come in in his rocket mode, transform to robot to land on the satellite and fidget and examine, then transform to satellite mode to talk to people on Earth. We are gonna at least hear his voice when he calls Sam's mom to demand his handed over to the Decepticons.

The fourth robot going down with the CC's to revive Megs is the one that gets his spark ripped out and some parts to use on Megatron. This was in the novel at least. No mention of SW going down with them. But Ravage and Scalpel get there first to work on him.

17. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

"i havent seen much or heard about jolt or sideswipe or wheelie so i guess that theyll be in vehicle mode the whole movie too" jonatron26 said sarcastically. relax he'll be in the movie and be superior just wait. my only concerns are if sw voice will be exactly like G1

18. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

maybe theyre building suspense for us so the hype would be fresh.

19. AMG

AMG Old School

I don't expect to see him on earth at all, or active in battle. Maybe we'll see a glimpse of him in bot mode at the very end of the movie.

20. Wingspanky

Wingspanky Well-Known Member

My concern is that the preview figure is the only figure we will get for Soundwave.