Soundwave Battle

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by SkyfiRe71, Mar 25, 2012.

1. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

If any one event would cement the Decepticons' status as legitimate threats on this show, it would be having Soundwave throttle one of the Autobot warriors.

The character is one of the most badass I've seen from any cinematic entity in years; they've done a phenomenal job at progressively developing him as a silent tactical mastermind, while offering glimpses of his considerable combat skills. Since season two is still young, I'd like to see his character have a major impact in a battle of an upcoming episode.

Maybe have him throttle (not kill) Bumblebee, a character which every kid from this generation thinks is unstoppable, or since they are a common enemy shared by of all the Transformers, have Soundwave be the one to end the threat presented by
    Mech's new invention, Nemesis Prime

What do you all think?

2. Deltus

Deltus 異種

Just have Soundwave kill EVERYONE

3. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

This is a fight I'd love to see. Soundwave vs EVERYONE.

Hell, it wouldn't even be a fight. Fight implies that EVERYONE might have a chance. Soundwave implies that EVERYONE has zero chance. Soundwave will wreck the sh*t of all who oppose him; he will devour their very souls with his mouthless face.

AND IT WILL BE GLORIOUS.

4. Deltus

Deltus 異種

If Soundwave fought every Autobot Id like it to be Something like this.

General Grievous vs Jedi (Full scene) - YouTube

Just imagine Soundwave fighting like that General Grevious :drool: 

5. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

6. Primus5289

Primus5289 Well-Known Member

I'd be all for that but that clip just reminds me how disappointing Grievous ended up being.

7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well he pretty much has gotten his rib cage almost crushed which affected his organs and mechanics inside him so it's a pretty excuse of how he ended up that way in Revenge of the Sith.

But yeah that clip was beyond awsome!

8. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

So is Soundwave now the ultimate badass all of a sudden?

He's only done like three things that made him seem like a threat and people are making him out as a god.

Soundwave is just as powerful as Megatron, just creepier.

9. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Aw, lighten up, buddy! Soundwave just has a grand deal of favouritism on his side :lolol 

10. Deltus

Deltus 異種

He needs all the love to make up for the writers ignoring him :D 

Or he has The Goddamm Batman Syndrom.

11. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch ROBOT! JET! ROBOT!

News Credits:
    Ah, back when the Clone Wars were good...

What? Who said that?

On the topic: Soundwave is certainly due for another badass moment, though it doesn't necessarily have to be a fight (though I'd certainly like to see him take on 3 'bots at once like Megatron. Ratchet vs Soundwave would be cool too).

12. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

I'm not doubting that Soundwave is badass, but can he actually fight completely on his own? Laserbeak has done most of his fighting for him, and his tentacles seem like they'd be ineffective against other Transformers unless they themselves held onto weapons.

13. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Soundwave has shown masterful blocking when he fought Airachnid. Even without Laserbeak for support, he wouldn't have much trouble deflecting and countering enemy attacks. Soundwave's style seems to be luring the foe into an aggressive assault and countering their vulnerable offence to lay crippling blows.

14. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    *Soundwave enters battle* *plays audio clip* "WE WILL KILL THEM ALL."
    Megatron: "Soundwave, where'd you get that clip from? It almost sounded like Optimus there. Oh, who am I kidding. Optimus would never say that. Right?"

15. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Every day gives me another excuse to compliment your ingeniuity :D 

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    :lolol 

17. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    We have to have a Soundwave centric episode. Have him tasked by Megatron to hunt down a device or artifact personally. He then encounters Bulkhead, Wheeljack and Bumblebee and shit goes down.

And IaconStargazer. Everything hes done so far has defined him as the quiet beast who will absolutely wreck someone if he thinks they're interfering with their plans. He's so tactical he scans the opponent and is able to estimate their course of action and respond to it in the form of defensive blocking; then taking advantage of any minute vulnerabilities and attacking. Soundwave is not a character to be trifled with.

18. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

Some very good points. And yeah - giving Soundwave an episode of his own and seeing his combat skills against the Autobots needs to happen, and hopefully very soon this season. I just want it to be different than how he took care of Agent Fowler or Airachnid. They're both cool fights, but everyone needs some character variety, after all.

19. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    I always considered Soundwave a prop more then a character lol. I love him though

20. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Consider this- Soundwave is the only one who has never failed a mission and never been beaten in a fight. No other Decepticon can claim that. Not Megatron. Not Starscream. Not any of them. If Soundwave is on the scene, he will do whatever it is he came to do and nothing will stop him. But you know what's especially scary about him? He honestly doesn't care about his opponents. They're so far beneath him, that he feels no need to engage them. He doesn't care about fighting them honorably or getting revenge or any of it. He just brushes them aside casually and returns to work. The guy is unshakable.