Soundwave as a mercedes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jim2011, Apr 21, 2011.

1. jim2011

jim2011 Banned

Im new , nice to meet you guys I just came from Tformers and join this site, nice to meet you all. ( don't worry I gone through the boards so Im up to speed)

I heard that soundwave is a mercedes is this true?

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Bay says no,

but the pics of soundwave in the comics and games Suggest he is a mercedes or some kind of sivler alt mode

3. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    welcome to the boards!

From the game renders of soundwave it looks like he is carly's mercedes.

4. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    Once a figure shows up we will know for sure. Right now he sure looks like the Mecerdes.

Welcome to the boards. :) 

5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Until I see a movie render, I'm not buying that he's the Mercedes.

6. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

Bay said no because its bad for the company to have their car portrayed as a decepticon. just because its in the game doesnt mean its in the movie

7. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    Cybertronian > Earth

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Sure as hell doesn't explain why he has the same design in rising storm, in which he has very clearly has a Mercedes logo on his chest. There is no doubt about it. He's as much the white Mercedes as Mirage is the red Ferrari and Megatron is the tanker.

9. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    We all know that Bay said before Revenge that Megatron was not in the movie, Maybe Soundwave being Carly's car is a huge surprise in the film and he does not want to ruin it.

10. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    iqmft.

11. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I heard somewhere, correct me if I'm wrong, that in the prequel comics/game, you'll see Soundwave go through multiple alt. mode changes.

12. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    He's been widely rumored to be a Mercedes, but this was debunked by Bay himself. Soundwave does have a Human Alliance toy coming, proving he's a car in this one, but more likely a Suburban or something bulkier like that, which was also reported at one point or another.

I'd love to have Soundwave with that gorgeous Mercedes as an alt mode, but aw well, if he's not a Mercedes.

13. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

I just want to point out for the sixth or seventh time, that everybody is jumping to the conclusion that SW must be the Mercedes for one reason: because he has "the Mercedes' wheels".

There's a hole in that theory. Soundwave's wheel in the game is shown to have 5 spokes. The Mercedes used on set (Carly's car) has seven.

The only argument I've heard that contends that fact is "Well, the videogame modeller probably miscounted the spokes." Someone would've caught that before the screenshot was released officially, and someone who can't count to seven shouldn't be working, like, at all.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Bay's spread obvious misinformation before. Given his design in both the game and comics being the same, and both obviously transforming into the SLS, I'm 99.999% sure he'll turn into it for DotM too. Beyond his track record for spreading misinformation, another reason to not trust Bay's "it's not Soundwave" statement, is the fact that before now his statement about it was that it wasn't a Transformer at all. Only when it's mentioned as possibly being Soundwave does he change his statement to specifically target the idea that it's Soundwave. It would have been easier to just stick with the "it's not a transformer at all" view on things.

15. Santoanderson

[​IMG]

IGN played the game, and said Soundwave is a Silver SUV. The tires used on Soundwave's game model do not match those used on the real car. There are no Mercedes logos anywhere on that in-game model.

16. Wheeljack_Prime

News Credits:
    5 spokes/7 spokes who cares? It's pretty minor detail that doesn't confirm/deny squat. I'm pretty sure that similar differences between movie and game renders probably exist for the whole cast. Shoot, there's differences between character models and the toys as well (Sideswipe's RPM isn't even a corvette). Shoot, there's differences in character models between films. Soundwave also has the SLS's tail lights too, located on his legs. Not mention Soundwave has a lot of air vents on his model.

The Mercedes logo is in the comics, which uses a near-identical model to the game. Yes, the game people and the comics people do their own things, but what are the odds that they do the EXACT same thing if it's not actually in the movie?

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah, they said he turned into an SUV, doesn't mean they couldn't have been wrong. Also, the tires don't match-up, but all the other details do. Especially the taillights on his legs. As for the lack of logos, that doesn't mean anything. The comic design, which matches up with the game design, does have at least one Mercedes logo on it. for whatever reason they decided to replace it with a con logo for the game.

18. Santoanderson

I'm a 3D modeller by trade, and the devil IS in the details. If you can't even count the number of spokes on a wheel, you need to consider a different career. Everybody seems to be jumping to some major conclusions based on "a minor detail".

19. Wheeljack_Prime

News Credits:
    "Minor details?" We've seen Soundwave's character model in two separate media. We know how he looks. Shared elements between the SLS and Soundwave:

Wheels/hubcaps (even if the number of spokes differ, the overall design is the same)
    Vents
    Color
    Head lights
    Tail lights
    Mercedes Logo
    Front Grill
    Speakers

Devil in the details? We've got at least 8 demons here. This seems pretty damn conclusive. I'm not disputing the importance of counting, but it really is a detail that probably nobody working on it gives a damn about. They're not actually trying to produce a working model. Shoot, they probably have to alter a few things for licensing reasons.

20. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Same as above:rolleyes: