Soundwave Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by chillycheif, Jun 30, 2011.

1. chillycheif

chillycheif autobot funny guy

even though he didnt really have much screen time soundwave was my fav decepticon and i really thought his was great all in all. and plus i cant wait for a toy of him

2. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

His intro was badass I forgot what his exact words were but I believe it was something like "Soundwave reporting Lord Megatron" and then Lazerbeak flys onto his arm... Awesomesauce.

Also I believe Megatron actually complimented him, again I forget the specific words but I thought it was ""Well done my loyal servant". Think it's the first time I've ever heard movie Megatron compliment one of his soldiers.:eek: 

Shows how much Soundwave is in Megs good books.

3. HollyW00d

HollyW00d Collecting Freak

That's the problem with these Bay films, he throws TOO much stuff at you including sound effects so it's impossible to hear what everyone is saying. You have to go back multiple times to figure out what the dialogue is. This was especially true with Lennox at the end barking out orders and whatnot, couldn't understand a single word.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Soundwave's time was short, but he left such an impression. I mean wow, what a heartless savage.

5. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

not featured enough for me to like him film wise, he could learn some savageness from prime though, went too easy on Que.

6. thatonefoo

thatonefoo Decepticon

!!soundwave is god!!

7. Puntoue

Puntoue Well-Known Member

He and Barricade made bad ass duos in the prisoner scene, wish we saw more of them together

8. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Wish we saw more of him, but what we got was still good. I missed the synthesized voice, but the Claw voice fit how sadistic he was.

I hated how short his fight with Bee was though, and especially his head re-design. They had the perfect head in ROTF, with a good take on the visor and a brilliant update of his mouthplate with the insect-mouth. And they throw it out in favor for a typical monster head, complete with big eyes and needle teeth? URGH. Damn shame, especially because his robot mode had a GREAT design.

9. SpectorDave

SpectorDave Wrecker

I thought soundwave was AWESOME! loved his design, really liked his sonic blasts when he was shooting at bumblebee.

CANT WAIT FOR A FIGURE!

10. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Soundwave was awesome
    I like his Rotf head a bit more and I think his fight with Bumblebee was a little bit too short ,though.

Can't wait for his figure

11. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

He was probably the most badass Soundwave ever.
    Probably because of the Dr.Claw voice, he was sadistic as hell.

12. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I think his head wasn't totally different, and he did have a ton of eyes in ROTF also.
    But OMG, when I saw SW I was blown away, and when he was next to Barricade...priceless.

I think since they wanted DOTM to have a lot of emotion, SW with a faceplate would have been hard to convey.
    I'd like to think of that as his standard mode.

13. mogel94

mogel94 Well-Known Member

He was pretty cool despite being Dylan's bitch and threatening scantly clad women and satelites with his numerous tentcles.......Actually I'm glad he wasn't in that long :D 

14. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Like him alot but his voice. Still wish it was like g1 or tf prime because all cons pretty much sound the same in the movies.

15. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I totally forgot what his alt mode was until he revealed himself....awesomeness!

16. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    The helmet was more or less the same (bit hard to see though), but the eyes and mouth were definitely different. And yeah, he had 4 eyes in ROTF, but there it was used cleverly along with the visor to have an update of his old look. Here it was just two, big round scary looking optics.

17. kenny86

kenny86 tapedeck

loved him & all his lines! especially "Laserbeak... kill them all!" :D  he should've kill bumblebee! hate that yellow thing even more after what he did to my SW ;) 

btw i'm pretty sure one of his lines when he talked with Dylan about no prisoners was lightly synthesized!

18. jjk1120

jjk1120 Decepticon Saboteur

I agree with most everyone that while his on screen time was short, it was awesome and memorable.

I agree that his redesigned head wasn't as good as his ROTF head, but it was good enough. and I woulda LOVED to see what kind of damage his Sonic Cannons caused. I think in the book it blows Leadfoot's leg off.

Overall, very pleased with the portrayal of my all time favorite Transformer.

19. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He`ll get a Human Alliance, Deluxe and Legend class figure later this year. I believe his Human alliance figure comes with Laserbeak so looking forward to that :D 

They messed him up in the movie though, as much as i love Soundwave as a charecter Bay just ruined him by making him so small and weak, he was even beaten by bumblebee :( 

20. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    When they showed Soundwave, I thought he looked hardcore, then when Laserbeak perched on his arm like he was a falconer, he looked like a hardcore badass.

"Laserbeak, kill them all."