Soundwave and Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Torque, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    When/If we get new Classics-esque Soundwave and Shockwave, what alt mode would you want them to have? For obvious reasons, their alt modes are either out-dated or wont be used. So what would you want them to be?

For Soundwave, I'd like some sort of van, kinda like that concept art from a while ago or a repaint of Perceptor, something like that. (though a stealth Jet could be cool)

And for shockwave, I'd hope for either a jet, a tank, or a helicopter. Feel like they would be the best kind of update for the character.

I feel bad for these two, havent gotten much exposure lately, other than WFC Soundwave, and, IMHO, they could really use an update.

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Soundwave some sort of truck or van/SUV and Shockwave as a tank. Let's not over complicate things, it's all about the robot mode for these guys IMO.

3. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For Soundwave, I'd like Soundwave to be something like his alt. mode in Animated but in the Classics asthetic and have the chest window come from somewhere such as maybe two doors with transparent windows being able to peg in the middle of his torso.

For Shockwave, I see him easily as a futuristic tank that can have the turret look like his G1 gun barrel.

4. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Soundwave would likely benefit from being an SUV, Shockwave I'd find cool to be a Cybertronian tank/jet.

5. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I could see Shockwave being a space ship of some sort...and it working for him. But knowing Hasbro, if they ever do make a classics version, theirs will be a tank.

6. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

shockwave as a tank,soundwave fits the mercedes sls amg just fine for me.

7. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Wait a minute. Your telling me they cant make shock wave a purple laser gun?! For what reason? It doesn't even remotely come close to a modern day firearms of any sort. Frankly , at this point, I don't care what their alt modes are , as long as there bot modes more then make up for the figure. An they stick with G1 colors!

8. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Shockwave should be a purple gun torrent. A cybertronian gun torrent.

Classics soundwave already came out as music label soundwave.

9. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Classics Voyager Megatron that cannot be released again would like to have a word. That said i think a tank or space ship would be great for Shockwave. As for SOundwave i would prefer to see an alt mode like his original. They still have microcasette voice recorders. That said something communication related at least.

10. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If not a laser gun, I'd like Shockwave to turn into a futuristic/cybertronian tank.
    As for Soundwave... I don't really know. I guess a Perceptor repaint works alright. Maybe a very pimped out SUV, with a bunch of speakers sticking out... which would actually fit Blaster better.

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I wasnt specifically saying they couldnt, but its unlikely, given the treatment they gave to Perceptor, who wasnt a weapon at all.

12. Spin-Out

Spin-Out "It's just... Asinine."

Soundwave, I'd like to see turn into a sort of pimped-out van like TFA. I could go for a Deluxe, but I wouldn't object to a Voyager. However, I wouldn't mind seein' him as an ICBM launcher like Machine Wars Soundwave, or a stealth jet like Cybertron Soundwave.

Shockwave? I think I'd like to see him turn into a futuristic VTOL jet, like DOTM Laserbeak. A tank would be okay, but I'd really only accept it if it was a laser tank like Energon Shockblast instead of an H-tank like TFA Shockwave or a big jumble of parts like DOTM Shockwave. A regular helicopter or a jet would work, too. Again, he could be either Deluxe or Voyager.

13. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love their WFC designs through and through.

14. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wfc shockwave. Already have a classics soundwave with the music label

15. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For Shockwave, my stand-by is my idea for him to get an Apache-style assault helicopter alt mode. It is actually inspired by G2 Powerdive who I liked back in the day.

Soundwave is definitely harder, since he needs to be able to carry a minion. But I would be fine with his (theoretical) base design being reused for Blaster.

+-MWG-+

16. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    I would like to see either a turret or a tank for Shockwave and ML Soundwave or a repaint of Perceptor for Soundwave.

17. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I see Shockwave as a jet but could live with a tank. It would be cool if he had a cannon as a third mode like in TF The Game.

I've always wanted to see Soundwave as a helicopter. If Classics did Leader class, his Minions could store in his copter mode like humans do and Rumble and Frenzy could use machine guns on the sides. Or maybe just a SUV like in Animated.

18. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How exactly is a futuristic purple space gun outdated???? Did I totally miss the era of laser guns?

I still see stero systems so its not like Soundwave can't be one. Movie 1 had Frenzy as a radio. I don't remember kids committing suicide over being confused what the hell he was. Highbrow & Hubcap from the past few years had alt modes that were decades old. Were kids confused?

BTW: Why is OK for toys to have futuristic or Cybertronic alt modes when past alt modes are 'bad'. Shouldn't a kid be just as confused as Megatron's Cyber jet mode as he would over a tape player. He hasn't seen a space jet. He should be left drooling due to having no idea what he saw.

19. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    not so much outdated as much as Hasbro wont be doing it based on the past experiences. Again, a microscope isn't outdated, yet he was a half track.

20. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering they made U2.0 Ravage (the one that came with Hound) a cassette again, I don't see why they can't make Soundwave a tape player? That's the mode that works best for him.