Soundwave and his cassettes

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Transbot90210, May 3, 2006.

1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I've always been curious as to how other fans view the relation between Soundwave and his cassettes.

Myself I always saw him as a father to these little guys. They have way too much personality to be mere drones and thier loyalty is far greater than that of leader and subordanate.

Maybe I'm looking at thier relation too simply so let me know what you all think.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

2. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Father maybe,
    More like a symbiotic relationship, He can not survive with out them and vice versa. It would be cool if they were an extension of Soundwave's personalities. Like a multiple personality disorder.

3. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    They all seemed very loyal in the cartoon; however, Ratbat was more individualistic in the comic (actually, he was something of a corporate Decepticon Leader).

I always liked how the cassettes defended Soundwave in the movie when he challenged the Constructicons.

4. Steeljaw

Steeljaw Owner of TF Rebellion.com

I think that was because Ratbat was forced to become a cassette, wasn't he?

I'd really like to see even a two part miniseries on Soundwave and his minions vrs Blaster and co. Throw in the Dino Cassettes for fun and you got an 11 on 11 battle right there.

5. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I remember Soundwave petting Ravage in an early episode. It was a nice touch. As cold-blooded as he was, I believed he loved his cassettes.

6. ErikB

ErikB TF Master

i like the symbiotic idea, they needed each other, and to be working together that long they were friends.

7. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I like both the symbiotic idea and the multiple personality idea. Im going with symbiotic though. I think they allways been a part of eachother and need to be yet are completely different individuals

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    After their faceoff in Headmasters, the reaction of both Soundwave and Broadcast's cassettes to the battle and it's aftermath illustrate a very close bond

9. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Yeah, the cassetebots and their tapes seemed to have a near-symbiotic interaction with a little compassion thrown in.

10. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

Maybe Soundwave wasn't so much a father figure to his cassettes, but more of an older brother. Someone they looked up to, but didn't neccessarily view as an authority figure.

11. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Well-Known Member

The primative cassetacons were more like loyal drones, but Rumble and Frenzy were definatly more than that. I suppose the only real evidence that the cassets cared for Soundwave was in the movie.

"No one calls Soundwave un-crasamatic"

12. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I see it as all the cassetts are individiual componets who can function by their own wiht or without Soundwave/Blaster. I see the Soundwave/Blaster more as their guardians.

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think like a 'squad' who have very close brotherly bonds with each other...something like the Dinobots or Predacons.

14. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

The cassets cared for Soundwave also. When he was killed by Broadcast in Headmasters they brought parts of back to the Destrons.

15. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I always saw them as having a somewhat family-ish relationship. I think it's been stated somewhere (can't think of where though) that Soundwave created the casseticons... doubt Blaster created his crew though. Given that, I'd say that Soundwave probably looks upon them foundly (if not fatherly than perhaps how a creator looks upon a charished creation) and the cassettes seem to care about him to a certain degree also... if only because they'd have nowhere to run and hide if he weren't around.

16. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I think it was more of a pimp/ho relationship.

Seriously, you guys are crazy.

17. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know its a crazy discussion but its enjoyable right? LOL! :D 

18. coffeeg0dd

coffeeg0dd Lurker

hmmm...taking the multiple personalities theory a bit further what if they are soundwave's personality. Sort of in a , in order for them to have personalities and the ability to act on thier own he had to give up his personality..hmm?

19. quenuck

quenuck Member

[​IMG]

20. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure they view Soundwave as a combination of friend and phat crib. Frenzy and Rumble are always bringing fly honeys back to Soundwave's chest where they hang out, sip energon martinis, and discuss Faulkner.

Lazerbeak has a huge aviary in there, complete with lots of perches and hoops to fly through, in order to hone his flying skills.

Ravage, being Soundwave's favorite, has a complete recording studio for his career as a techno DJ, a billiards table, an exquisite kitchen for his hobby of designing elaborate wedding cakes, and a hot tub. Ravage's wife, Karen, also lives in his quarters. She knows what a lucky lady she is, and when she's not working as a code-breaker for the NSA she's studying pole and belly dancing in order to keep her man interested and happy.