Soundwave and Blaster

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shadowbreaker, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    A lot of people want an updated Soundwave, and I'm sure a handful of people want an updated Blaster as well.

But the question is, what alt. modes could they have? I remember seeing a rejected AHM Soundwave where he was some sort of modern cassette recorder. That would make a good Generations Soundwave.

I thought that maybe they could take the Generations Perceptor route and make them car-like vehicles, but I've drifted away from that idea. Any thoughts/ideas? They got away with making Universe Ravage as calling him a... storage device? Sorry, I honestly don't remember what they called him!

2. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Sadly, all that they ever make Soundwave is a truck. An iPod would be far too small, boomboxes are dying out, and music devices are only getting smaller. Poor Soundwave, reduced to trucks.

3. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    No, In my opinion we can't have new Megatrons turning into guns or kind of useless alt modes like soundwave. That was alright for their classic incarnations, but newer versions must have altmodes that lend some kind of utility to the robot (besides the "disguise part"). Also, no more size-changing, that was always one of the oddest parts.

I think some sort of communications vehicle or Stealth jet are good for soundwave if properly done. A truck-mounted Ultrasonic weapon would look nice too, I guess.

Or, a more realistic-looking satellite.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Device Label Blaster is great. If they Mae a Soundwave as good as it I'd be happy...but that cassette recorder design would make me even happier ;) 

5. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The gimmick of a guy who turns into a cassette player who fields minions that turn into cassettes is probably the greatest gimmick of the Transformers line. I have never and will never have a problem with a cassette player Soundwave. Make him, Hasbro, I'll buy him. Anachro... whut? The eighties never ended, folks, they just let the numbering go higher.

Sigh... if you must, you can make Soundwave some kind of comm/satellite truck. But it ain't the same. Slight mitigating factor: make this Soundwave a Power Core Combiner with drones for minions.

6. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'll just stick with the -label figures, they're nice enough for me

7. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Geez. Generations WFC Soundwave sure gets no love.

8. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the way you think!

Proviso: make Laserbeak, Ravage, and Ratbat their own Scouts or Deluxes, and use semi-obscure minions like Buzzsaw and Overkill.

9. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And then repaint the mold into Blaster, Soundblaster and Twincast, mix 'n' match the drone molds like crack monkeys and we're good to go.

10. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

WFC Soundwave was awesome because he was a triple changer. He had his Cybertronian boombox spy mode and his practical battle truck mode.