soundwave always left out

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by supernova222, Feb 15, 2012.

1. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i just kinda realized that in G1, the template for ALL things transformers, there were the the three main big bad cons: megatron, starscream, and soundwave.

now that i look at EVERYTHING transformers up till now, DOTM and prime are the ONLY ones that have finally reunited them together after 28 frickin years, it was always just megs and scream

does anyone else see a problem with that!

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    *cough* Transformers Cybertron, Animated, and ROTF*cough*

3. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ill give ya rotf, but the others he's just background and not important

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    If anything, Soundwave's role in ROTF has been his most insignificant in recent years.

I'm glad he's getting somewhat more attention in TF Prime, although it's still not enough for my liking.

5. dirgestone

dirgestone Banned

The myth of Soundwave (like Skywarp) is bigger than anything he actually did in G1. Soundwave in Prime is his best yet. He is scary and cold.G1 he was only tough the first few episodes then he was good sending out the cassettes. He was silly in Cybertron. Animated he was so so. In ROTF he was taking orders from a human. In Prime when he roughed up Archnid I was like ok I need to see more of this guy.

6. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And Shockwave...

I don't mean the toon version, either.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, at least he always has his tapes to keep him company.

8. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

:lol 

9. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
    See we (I include myself in this) think of Soundwave as being more important than he actually was. Mainly due to his inherent awesomeness. He was never -that- pivotal even in the original G1 series.

In Animated he at least had a whole episode (or was it 2) devoted to him, and I actually agree that the Prime version of Soundwave is actually the best yet. He's creepy, interesting and a severe badass when forced into combat (his lack of interest in direct combat despite being very good at it only makes him better IMO) After nearly 30 years, he has a personality of his own, without compromising on his character's purpose.

10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    The Prime series is Soundwave's first major role in years so look no further. I do think that the Prime Soundwave is the best one yet since G1!

11. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    I think the biggest problem was finding a way to fit Soundwave in that wouldn't seem crazy, given the nature of the show and Soundwave's character. A tape player just wouldn't have made sense in many of the shows, and there were Soundwave figures (even if they weren't major show characters) at pretty much every point along the way.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    You can thank Cybertron for bringing him back.

Even if his lingo sucked.

13. mrdecepticon

mrdecepticon Decepticon Leader

LOL that's true.

The character like other G1 characters is finally getting more exposure,Jazz,Ironhide and now even Shockwave are becoming more mainstream and well known.War for Cybertron brought them together as well.More G1 characters will probably become more mainstream too.

14. mrdecepticon

mrdecepticon Decepticon Leader

They would have brought him back even if Cybertron wouldn't have.

15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

It was DOTM where Soundwave was taking orders from a human. In ROTF, he was only seen as being in outer space, hacking into a satellite.

16. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Though he was in Beast Wars but in stasis lock and could of been in Beast Machines as Nightscream ran past a bot that looked like him but smaller.

17. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    There was a Beast Wars Mutants Soundwave toy, but that never appeared in the show.

18. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

In ROTF, he was issuing orders to Decepticons.

Personally, as much as I like Animated, I think that was his worse incarnation. I hated the idea that he was built on Earth and his voice wasn't great. In fact, Animated for the most part gave us great characters but let us down with Soundwave and Ironhide.

I loved him in WFC. Even when you were playing a different Con, having him offer information in this robotic monotone was cool.

On the matter of his voice, while WFC, Animated and Cybertron all gave him a robotic echo to his speech, I felt none of them came close to the awesomeness of his G1 voice. All the more disappointing in ROTF where they had his original voice actor. Though the ROTF game gave him a robotic edge in his voice when he dispensed info.

It's been suggested earlier that Soundwave's role in G1 has been exagerrated through nostalgia for a lot of us but I grew up with the Marvel comics where he was Con leader at least twice, his future self practically saving Cybertron from the Quintessons because he had the intelligence and willingness to call the Autobots for aid.

He was also instrumental in uniting Megatron and Shockwave yet could be more calculating and manipulative than Starscream.

As a huge Megatron fan, I did prefer when he was loyal to Megatron as most of his modern incarnations seem to be.

In fact, as much as I'm enjoying Prime, I wish they gave him his original voice with Welker as opposed to repeating other characters sentences with a hint of augmentation. Otherwise, he's a great character.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Actually Worst Ironhide is Energon duh. Atleast TFA would have gotten better and joined the main cast in Season 4.

Agree about Soudnwave though. Jeff Bennett's voice is as unfitting for Soudnwave like Corey Burton is for Ironhide.

20. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    They really lost a chance for a great character when Mutant Soundwave never got a show.
    [​IMG]