Soundwave a gladiator?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by 0MEGATR0N, Jul 10, 2011.

1. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

Can anyone picture Soundwave as a gladiator? in the book exodus they mention that Megatron as well as Soundwave,Baricade and others were in a low caste and fought in the gladatorial pits on koan, Megs and baricade fit the bill but Soundwave? perhaps movie Soundwave but then again even G1 Megatron doesnt seem too much like a gladiator, whats your thoughts?

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Nah. I see soundwave as more of a commentator, organizer, or underground gambling ringleader.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Soundwave is a spymaster. He'd have been more like Aernaroth said - an organiser. Probably he'd have been working the angles from the shadows in his own style. Maybe he was even once a member of the Council, or worked for them, and was won over by Megatron. Exodus Megatron initially comes over that way before his true nature comes out - and Soundwave in that continuity is silent, unquestioning, and very loyal to Megatron.

4. 0MEGATR0N

Check it out,this is from the book:
    Soundwave was a different matter,spymaster extraordinaire,controller of a horde of minicons so small that Megatron could crush several of them with a footstep,soundwave was the only gladiator megatron had ever fought who had a chance of beating him-they had met in a match to first wound rather then death;otherwise only one of them would still exist.He was nearly as single minded as megatron,nearly as dedicated.He possessed a suite of abilities that megatron very nearly envied,with his multiple transformations and the triple minicons that he contained within his proto-form and could eject into combat at any moment.

so the book lends to both his spymaster side and to the side that is a side we did not expect or imagine soundwave to have imo.

5. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Soundwave has never been presented as a lightweight - just as someone who favours duplicity, deception and blackmail over unnecessary physical confrontation. It's totally conceivable that he could have been a gladiator in his early days.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Ah yes, I forgot that bit!

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If he's one, he'd probably be the kind who rigs the arena with traps, pays off arena staff, and otherwise stacks the deck in his favor rather than going for a straight-on fight though.

8. 0MEGATR0N

kinda like how they rigged the fight in gladiator the movie with the tigers.

9. 0MEGATR0N

and to think megatron respected him as a fighter says alot.

10. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i can see Soundwave as a gladiator.
    think about it... you're kinda arguing that a guy that looks like Triple H could never be a wrestler; he's too cranial.
    that's hogwash. Soundwave's build is not exactly a lightweight. it's just that he took his other abilities seriously and improved his chances by a factor of 10.

besides, even the meek do incredibly drastic, desperate things during a dark period. and IIRC, the time of the gladiatorial fights, Megs and Co. were struggling to rise above the lowest of the ranks on Cybertron.

it's not unreasonable for me to imagine certain characters doing things on Cybertron that doesn't exactly match their current jobs.

11. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I can see Soundwave as a gladiator as well, but I imagine him as that guy who kills the adversary three seconds within the fight.

I imagine something like the fight begins, both stand in their corners, his adversary does the crowd saluting and unecessary combat roll as a show-off and that kind of thing while Soundwave remains in silence, moveless, on the other side of the ring.
    The fight begins, the adversary does the unecessary combat roll again and approaches Soundwave to kill him, Soundwave dodges and chops the guy's head off within two seconds.

He calmly walks out of the ring, without showing any reaction or emotion.

12. AnimeMasterB

AnimeMasterB Active Member

lol it sounds silly. but id love to see it

13. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

<vocoder>

Ego...sum...spaar taa cus...

</vocoder>

I dunno...:) 

Now, Cybertron Soundwave, I could see him as a pro wrestler. :) 

14. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

If you've seen the character Asher from Spartacus: Blood and Sand, then you can understand why Soundwave might be a "Gladiator."

15. 2ndSndWve

2ndSndWve Hen... Shin!

News Credits:
    No. He was probably just a really, really, shady Autobot.