soundtracks

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Brawny, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Brawny

Brawny Well-Known Member

Ok, I gotta know. Did sunbow, or whoever, release a full background music album?
    I'd love to hear all that old campy action music! From both transformers and gi joe.
    I did find some, but the audio leaves much to be desired, can still hear some sfx sounds and places where the voices are fudged over, but can still hear.

2. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

Nope, there are no clean versions of the original American G1 background music to the TV series ever put out officially or unoffically. I guess you will have to contend with those fan-ripped versions.

A long time ago, between Armada and RiD, there were rumours floating around that there was going to be a release of the original G1 soundtracks, but nothing materialized so it was just nothing but a rumour I suppose.

3. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There was a Galaxy Force CD that was released in japan that had almost all of the BGM for that series.. I think you might have to resort to possibly getting import CDs from japan as they seem to have a market for that genre there, so there's a possibility of a release there.

4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's pricey at about $88 (USD) but the Transformers History of Music has much of the BG music of G1 to include 2010, HM, MF & Victory

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    No, that doesn't have the Sunbow BGM. It only has the Japanese BGM for Headmasters through Zone, and some original music composed for the Japanese dub of the first three seasons.

There are BGM CDs for almost all the series since then - Beast Wars Second (at least one CD, probably two), Beast Wars Metals (at least one), Car Robots (only one CD, covering character themes for the first half of the series. Different BGM to the US dub), Micron Legend (two CDs covering pretty much all the songs), Super Link (one CD with most of the BGM, very samey), Galaxy Force (two CDs with pretty much all the music, first CD has all the regularly used pieces, second has the more dramatic ones mostly used for one or two scenes only.)

The last three all are the same as the dub, except the dub would sometimes insert a G1 theme remix in the place of a power-up track - most noticeable in Energon where the track "Super Link" would always be swapped for the G1 theme remix.

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

I never said it did.:wink: 

7. Brawny

Brawny Well-Known Member

wow, thanks for all the input folks! I have some of the headmasters music, it makes me smile a little everytime the singer says "head on!".
    But, seriously, sunbow couldn't have just thrown everything out the door? Surely they kept some of the masters. Or the sheet music. Damg, how fine would that be, to hear a philharmonic orchestra doing its rendition of the bgm? Star trek, robotech, and others have gotten that treatment.

8. Wolf Boy

Wolf Boy Ghost of Impactor

Don't hold your breath.

Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, and Justice League Unlimited (three shows sharing a single continuity) had INDIVIDUAL SCORES for every episode, plus iconic themes for each character. The music was breathtaking and operatic .... but it has never been released.

And these shows have the money and power of DC Comics behind them. If DC Comics will not spend the money nesscessary to release their cartoon music, I doubt Sunbow will (or even can).