Soundtrack Ideas?!?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by My03Tundra, Jun 14, 2006.

1. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I'm a big fan of not only an awesome movie, almost irregardless of the genre but a good accompanying soundtrack to go with it. I love having a solid soundtrack to go with a movie, and I was wondering what type of music they'd use with the upcoming movie.

I, for one, enjoyed the rock/hard rock music that they used in the original animated movie and I feel it would work well with the live-action film. What I'm proposing with this thread is for other members to suggest what genres of music they think would work with the movie, or if you have something specific in mind, a musician and song.

My short list has a few bands that I'd like to hear with or in the movie. Here are some of the musicians or groups, and when available, the respective songs.

Genre - Artist - Song (where and when available) - Album

Rock - Institute - Information Age - Distort Yourself
    Rock - Institute - Save the Robots - Distort Yourself
    Alternative - Live - You Are Not Alone - Songs from Black Mountain
    Rock - Stan Bush - Falling - Shine

Those are just a few, I have more, but I was curious as to what some of you would like to hear.

2. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *as far as I know...

Pharell Williams is doing Voltron, which is also out next year..
    So I would hope for something similar !

However.. I really doubt the soundtrack will be anything other than orchestral soundtrack fair.

3. primusmajor

primusmajor Active Member

i would bet that bay and speilberg go with the orchestral soundtrack

its hard to see them doing anything with musical artists on it

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I honestly hope there isn't any 80s uber-ballad rock in there. That stuff was good in context (or, more specifically, the 80's TF movie.) I think it'll just be unsettling in this film.

5. Lazerbeak

Lazerbeak Keronian Ambassador

I really hope they stick with orchestral-style music for this one. Honestly, a cliched-action-movie metal/rap/alternative soundtrack would actually be enough to put me off the movie altogether.

Ironically enough, I'm a big metal fan...

6. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

Orchestral. The less heavy metal and rock the better, matter of fact it has no place in there.

If the teaser page is anything to go by I say the music will suffice. That peice of idustrial orchestral stuff whas the shit.

But I do suspect some of the rythms and bits of the original G1 themesong will carry over into the main theme. Kind of like how the Superman Returns music reminds you "kind of" of the Superman marsh and the music for Spider-Man sounds very Spider-like as in the 70's TV show and the 90's cartoon.

7. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    i think orchestral music would be the best choice for this movie

8. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I think, even though Bay and Speilberg were directly associated with the film, there will be two soundtracks like with one of my favorite movies, Stealth. It featured music from the movie, with known artists, and also a very solid orchestral soundtrack that played with certain scenes in the movie.

I bought both of them. :-D

9. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Wait, there's going to be a Voltron movie?:sly: 

10. shadesalpha

shadesalpha Parent of Minions

News Credits:
    John Williams (Star Wars, Jaws) for movie score is most likely knowing Spielberg's involvement.

I personally like Danny Elfman (Batman, Sleepy Hollow).

As for Soundtrack; A Heavy Metal War requires Heavy Metal! (Godsmack, Rob Zombie, Linkin Park: are my personal choices):music 

Alternative & Industrial would also fit the theme of the movie.:dj 

11. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Well, Michael Bay likes working with Hans Zimmer, who likes to use synthesizers and driving action rhythms. Basically, if you've watched Gladiator, Batman Begins, or The Rock, you'll know exactly what kind of music Transformers is going to have.

12. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have wanted to post a thread like this for a while, but could never come up with a listing to start it off. Really I would want an orchestral score in the movie with another soundtrack of songs inspired with the movie. On the songs inspired by the movie I would love a metal sound with it. Trivium, In Flames, All That Remains, Still Remains personally because that is the type of music I am in to and I would like. That type of soundtrack would immediately spell the end of the movie though. I still think the best thing about the terrible movie that was Alone in the Dark was the Soundtrack. So the best bet is to stay away from anything popular and go for an original score. Maybe a song like Bother by Stone Sour (from Spiderman Soundtrack) would be OK, although I hated telling people who liked that song they would not enjoy anything else on the CD (The Stone Sour CD I mean).

13. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    This is, I figure, the most likely choice. Personally, I think Hanz Zimmer's recycled orcha-techno music is...I dunno, it's par, but it's nothing eye-popping.

I think it'd be cooler if they went with Don Davis (the Matrix films, James Bond films) as the composer.

14. TreKain

TreKain Made of Sterner Stuff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wierd Al....it just wouldnt be a proper TF soundtrack without it...right? :) 

15. shadesalpha

News Credits:

LOL... I thought about that too after watchng TFTM the other day... If he were to be on the soundtrack, I would hope he do something like 'Ode to a Superhero' or 'The Saga Begins' :rock 

16. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Honestly, I love Weird Al's music...but I really hope his stuff is in no way affiliated with this film.

17. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. There's nothing "wrong" with Zimmer's music, and it doesn't deserve much complaint, but there isn't anything "great" about it, either. Every movie he does sounds like he took the soundtrack to the previous movie, tweaked a few notes here and there, blew off a bit of dust, and called it a job.

18. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

People, first I need to ask, when was the last time you watched TF:TM?
    I'm asking because the soundtrack for it wasn't all hard rock all the time. It had synth music, instrumental and HR. All of them were used to underline the specific encounter, scene, characters etc.
    I think they should do the same for the upcoming live movie.
    I'm not thinking the old cheesy rock of the '80s.
    The ambient music should be orchestral, but when we have battles I think the HR or hard core or rock would work better. Decepticons braking, smashing or just simply rampaging should have their theme, just like Vader has, I think hard core should work the best for them nowadays, something done by Disturbed or Godsmack, melodical but dark, mostly instrumental with a shade of vocals in the background so as not to distract from the action. Autobots should have HR theme with nice riffs, but not dark. All of these coupled with some electronic music effects.

19. shadesalpha

News Credits:

I agree with you and John Williams (if he was to conduct) would deffenately acomplish that in the score.

If Steve Jablonsky is doing the whole score, than it would be more like taking a song of a band from the sound track and orchestrate a score nothing major and nothing really original.

20. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    WHy don't we all go cut our wrists while were at it