Heavy/Scratch: Sound the alarms, it's an Air Raid!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TheDevastator, Apr 14, 2008.

1. TheDevastator

TheDevastator Decepticon

Air Raid is the only Aerialbot I owned as a kid. I don't think that has anything to do with this but I felt like mentioning it.

Anyhow, I made Air Raid super-poseable and more show-accurate. His chest is actually from one of those slightly undersized bootlegs. This allowed there to be a "border" around certain parts of his chest like in the cartoon. His head came from a bootleg Dragstrip figure I got from a buddy at Botcon 2005 I think. I carved it down in certain areas to better resemble Air Raid's cartoon head. The stickers are from Delta Star. The wing stripes actually came from one of the old repro label sets that was not pre-cut. I had them sitting around for years not entirely sure what I wanted to use them for.

Well, I like him. I hope the rest of you do too!

[ATT]4501[/ATT]
    [ATT]4502[/ATT]
    [ATT]4503[/ATT]
    [ATT]4504[/ATT]
    [ATT]4505[/ATT]
    [ATT]4506[/ATT]
    [ATT]4507[/ATT]
    [ATT]4508[/ATT]
    [ATT]4509[/ATT]
    [ATT]4510[/ATT]

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Superion was my only combiner as a kid. My older brother got Devastator. So naturally, Sups holds a special place for me. Finally seeing these up for everyone really brings a humongous smile to my face! you straight-up nailed these! I love the Gansta pose!

3. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

Oh hell yeah!! I was wondering when you were gonna do this. I've been looking at doing one myself but I couldn't figure out what do with Silverbolt's legs. Can't wait to see what you came up with.

4. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Is the gun from an actual G1? I never got guns with my KO aerialbots..
    Anyhoo, I am still taking alot of my time to look at them! Great work my friend!

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Awesome job man

6. TheDevastator

TheDevastator Decepticon

Thanks everyone! You're all very flattering!

Ptitivite - Yes, I took the gun from my legit G1 Air Raid for this picture. I don't actually have an extra of it yet though. Devastator and one of my yet unseen gestalts were based on bootlegs, but the rest were mostly legit. The reasons being I wanted the correct G1 size for these guys. Defensor, Superion, and the bootleg Hungrr toys I got were either slightly smaller or larger than the legit guys. Computron didn't have a cheap bootleg version, and Bruticus - for him I was afraid about paint chipping. So yeah, this was a legit G1 Air Raid.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    You and I share yet another thing in common: Air Raid was the only Aerialbot I had as a kid as well! You took this guy to new heights. Literally!

Great work man! :thumb 

8. TheDevastator

TheDevastator Decepticon

Superquad7: Hah! I love a good pun. Bad puns are great too. I'm glad my custom didn't tarnish your memories of Air Raid!