Sound problem on my TV

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Knightdramon, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    I've had a 32 inches LG monitor\TV, which I use for both videogames and as a monitor for my PC since 2008.

As you can understand, it's a somewhat older model [3000 something, not very knowledgeable].

It used to play videogames from my PS3 just fine using the red\yellow\white scart cables for years, this year I switched to an HDMI cable which pretty much f*cked everything up.

The image is okay but during games there's this constant buzzing at some points when something loud happens, and after a while it's constant.

It got like that on Dead Space 1 [entirety of chapter 4], some parts of god of war 3, chapter 2 of WFC and today on DMC4.

I switched back to the scart cable and the problem persisted on devil may cry.

Are the speakers on my monitor damaged beyond repair? Is there some settings I messed with on the PS3 that damaged it? Because that buzzing happening on the scart cable is something new.

Do note that I have no method of testing it otherwise, it does that buzz on some movies as well.

So, WHAT is it? Should I be looking at a new monitor or is there a way to liaise between the ps3 and the tv and have the sound output from another source?

2. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    It sounds like you may have a speaker going out, and you're hearing the buzz when it makes sounds in a certain range. It likely wouldn't be having switched to HDMI, but maybe running the volume very loud for a while, or even just a fluke issue.

The only other diagnostic thing I can think of right off of the bat would be if you have your PC connected for sound as well, try watching some YouTube videos or the like to see if the buzzing is there too.

3. Napjr

Napjr Mr. Internet Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Is there any kind of firmware update from LG to be installed somehow? Like with a USB stick (if you tv has a port that is)

I have a Sony Bravia LCD from 2009, been using with my PC since then, and also connected to my cable box. It used to made an irritating noise when using the pc unless i turned off completely the volume. Downloaded a firmware update from the Sony website and problem solved

4. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Thanks for the replies! I thought about the sound range issue but I can't test it, I don't even have a pc cable for it. I can try moving my PS3 with the HDMI to a different TV in the house and checking that.

As for firmware upgrades, I never thought of that\even knew it existed! I'm checking it out now, you think it can change such an issue?