Sound design..thoughts...complaints...likes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JDF, Jun 29, 2009.

1. JDF

JDF Well-Known Member

Like the 1st movie, I thought the sound design in ROTF was top knotch. I saw it in IMax and it was probably the most badass movie sound experience to date. I didn't like how they "unprocessed" Starscream's and Megatron's voices as I thought they were perfect in the first one. Prime's voice was a little weak too, compared to when he first showed up in the 1st movie. Soundwave not have at least some vocoding sucked, but Dr. Claw was still effective. All in all though, I thought the voice were decent. A pass.

The effect sounds were great. Detailed. A true "wall of sound". Bot noises were awesome. Really amazing. I can't wait for the Blu-ray. Paramount doesn't do DTS, so I am hoping for my first Dolby TrueHD track in 7.1!! Fingers crossed. Sound is 75% of the movie experience for me. This one is going to SHINE!

2. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

I really like the sound design in the movie. My favourites were the blaster shots and sounds made when the robots moved. Although I don't know if it's a problem with the film reels but I feel as though the ending sound to The Fallen's telekinetic power sounded a bit staticy.

3. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I was kinda pissed that they changed Megatron and Starscreams voice
    Especially screamers, he was MUCH cooler without the G1 like whiny bitch voice.

4. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    It was too bad that there wasn't any G1 transformations sounds. At least I don't think I heard any. Maybe.. the only part was with the ball-ticons when they transformed.. it was a mix of a subtle G1 transformation sound.

5. Optronix_prime

News Credits:
    I hate when the g1 transformation sound shows up in the movies (I'm no hater of G1)
    But it's WAY out of place, especially at the Blackout transformation in the first movie, and at the Balls in this one, the new sounds they made for the transformations are WAY cooler.

6. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

There were tons of G1 transformation sounds in this movie. However, they were all remixed.

7. Optronix_prime

News Credits:
    I meant strictly unedited G1 sounds, all the others are badass.

8. JDF

JDF Well-Known Member

Good call. Yeah, pretty much when any bot moved, mostly for Decepticons, they had that cool electronica noise. That was badass fo sho.