Soulcalibur Legends

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Bendimus Prime, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I picked up my preorder yesterday, but didn't get to play it until tonight with all the turkey day stuff I had to get ready for. I've only made it to chapter 2 so far, but I'm liking this game a lot.

The game plays a lot like the Devil May Cry series. You start a quest, and then go from room to room; either fighting waves of monsters, or doing a variety of puzzles/avoiding traps.

The game takes place between Soul Edge and Soulcalibur, but if you never played those games, it doesn't hurt the story any. Fans of the series will find it interesting as to how they introduce some of the new characters that showed up in Soulcalibur. There are some pretty cool FMVs, but most of the dialog is presented in Phoenix Wright-style yelling at each other across a text box.

The controls really put this game high on my list. The sword slashes match up very well to how you're moving the remote. That combined with the nunchuck can make for some pretty cool moves. I'm hoping we see this makes its way into the next Zelda.

2. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I was hoping this would be good, especially the control scheme, so this is good to hear.

3. BetaSword

BetaSword Well-Known Member

Actually, there are some videos of this Game on Gametrailers.com .
    As it looks, that Game seems to become quite good.

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Wait, what? There's a SC game for the Wii?! D:

5. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Yeah that part always seemed odd to me, I mean it's very clear that Siegfried in this game is donning his armour from SoulCalibur III, and he didn't have long hair back in Soul Blade/Edge either.

But glad to hear that the game control is decent. I feared that Namco just wanted a filler in anticipation of SoulCalibur IV.

6. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

the person in front of me got the last copy when i headed to TRU for the buy 2, get 1 free....so i ended up picking up MP3, Trauma Center: New Blood, and Mario Strikers.

dude bought 3 games, and son had 3 more (and we all know daddy was the one who payed it for even though son payed with cash)

i'm happy that is sounds/looks great, i might just pick it up anyways (sale or not)

7. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, it is kinda weird. The characters you run into are designed like their SC 2 & 3 counterparts, but the dialog between Siegfried and Ivy place the game right after Soul Edge. She really gets a lot of character development in this game.

EDIT: I've also found the only glitch in the game so far. When blocking, if you swing the remote around, the sword swooshing sound will still come out of the remote :lol 

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007