Sought a Seeker, now a seeker seeker

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jorod74, Dec 14, 2008.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I felt kinda burned by TFU Ironhide, but i broke down and bought Acid Storm at Walmart for less than 8 bucks.

i am now a convert. at least a fan of the seeker mold.

at first i had trouble with his arms when transforming him, but once i got it, i fell in love with the whole thing.

i have heard "G1-ish", "cartoon accurate" and a few other terms tossed around with the Universe line, but this mold NAILED it, down to the clever way it keeps the cockpit as the chest piece.
    the only complaint i have can be fixed in less than an hour- the right arm cannon fits too loosely in the peg hole in the arm- so i feel ok.

since i got acid storm, i am chomping at the bit to get Starscream- really like the cartoon accurate colors.

now i know why there's so many seeker fans out there.

i hope they keep this up.

2. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The seeker mold is great. the only thing I would change about it is that I'd make it so the wings angled back like in th original toy so the arm cannons don't hit them. Or smaller arm cannons. Other than that small issue, I'm addicted to that mold and will probably buy every figure they release with it. :p 

3. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I loved it when I got the original Starscream; it just seemed so perfect in both modes.

But I don't get two of a mold, so right now I'm not a Seeker guy. Maybe if they released a Thundercracker to retail here...

4. solidus

solidus Shivaker Jazz

Welcome to the Seeker Club bro :) 

5. Crazymadman

Crazymadman Dewbot leader

if you are going to get starscream do what i am doing get universe starscream

6. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Starscream was actually the first figure I bought of the original Classics line. Hooked me absolutely on the rest on the line, which has disappointed me very little thus far. So far, I've got him, Ramjet, Skywarp, and Henkei TC. I plan on picking up the Henkei Coneheads once I get the funds.

Ironic to the original post, Acid Storm is so far the only one I haven't picked up. Nor have I wanted to. Nothing really against the mold, but I just can't be interested in a no-name Rainmaker. Otherwise my Decepticons would be nothing but jets.

7. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I Love the Seekers (See Sig)

8. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Thwe only thing that bugs me about the Seekers is they boned us on half of the 6. Understandible, I guess, as when they agreed to make Thundercracker, Dirge and Thrust exclusives, they didn't expect the Classics line to do so well. But the fact you have to shell out $70 either way for a deluxe-sized figured to get even ONE of these three is terrible. My Classics seekers will never be complete because of it.

I suspect as compensation, they're going to give us all three of the 'Storm' trio, Acid Storm, Sunstorm, and the as yet unnamed third member.

Still, it's a wonderful mold. Fun to play with, poseable, relatively easy to transform, and the same size as the oriignal G1 Seekers, and looks good next to them in vehicle mode.

9. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro will likely complete the seekers but it will probably be an all new mold. Its not like hasbro can never make a deluxe Thundercracker again. This is an area that will require patience

Also Sunstorm is not a rainmaker he was from the pilot episode. The rainmakers came later in the season.

10. Irony

Irony fangirl

But he showed up there too didn't he? At least there was a yellow guy among them....

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yes, there was a yellow one and a purple one too I think.

"Lemon, lime and blackcurrant flavoured Seekers!"

12. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    god i loathe the term seekers

13. solidus

solidus Shivaker Jazz

Join the club !!!

[​IMG]

14. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

I feel like I ought to show up in your room at night, all dimly glowing ethereal blue, dragging chains covered in toy jets behind me, imploring you in a spooky wail to repent, to change your ways before it is too late.

Once you become a seeker fan, it's not far from becoming a completionist, and that is a dark path from which there can be no escape. But alas, there is more to gravy than grave about me.

15. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Since G1 Seekers were out I always wanted a Complete Seeker Team now with the Classics/Universe my dream has become a reality. They are Awesome and the Highlight of my Collection.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  16. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone repaint Acid Storm that gawdy green he was in the toon yet!

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Totally agree 300% My only major gripe is the massive missile launchers. It could be slightly more articulated in the head and arm departments too but it's still a great mold. I'll buy as many repaints of it as they release. I also hoping for more Conehead repaints down the pipeline too.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Oh there has been lol...I can't remember where but I've seen pics somewhere out there on the net of it.

19. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

I have the orginal 3 (Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker, who I broke down and got off eBay, and it was worth it, dang it!) plus Ramjet and Acid Storm. Add the 3 Cybertron Thundercrackers (I named them Skyjack, Space Case and Holligan) and say Jetstorm, Obsidian, Terrorsaur, etc and the Decepticon Air Force is rather massive.

20. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Oh, no doubt... I just meant I haven't seen any here in the Radicons section.
    The only thread I saw there pertaining to Acid Storm was to show his arm cannons painted yellow.