Souchaku Henshin

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by MagiRanger, Apr 20, 2007.

1. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Anybody collect these badass little figures?

Souchaku Henshin (sometimes known as Armour Trans) is a line of 5" figures by Bandai with removable diecast armor and usually a nice multitude of weapons. Most of the characters made have been Kamen Rider characters, but some Space Sheriffs and even Garo have managed to get their own figures in the line.

Revoltech and lack of interest in last years Kamen Rider series made me stop collecting these for a while, but im set to buy quite a few more in the future.

2. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I do.

3. StrawHatPirate

StrawHatPirate KaizokuOu

Yup. I collect them. I've not bought any since I was in Japan last summer, but I love these figures. They're nice and sturdy, have some diecast on 'em and a ton of accessories.

I've got Faiz, Orga, Blade, Blade King Form, Leangle, Chalice, Hibiki, Ibuki and Drake in my collection. At least I think that's it. I don't have them in front of me at the moment. I'd like to add some more to that list, but my current financial situation (read: not much money left after paying bills every month) doesn't really permit it.

4. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Guess i'll post my small collection just incase someone doesn't know what these are.

[​IMG]

My photography skills are horrid and that shelf and the figures both need dusting, so dont judge these until you hold one in your hand.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    They look very cool. Is that a classic Kamen Rider in the back?
    I might look into a couple, what do they normally go for?

6. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Yep, in the back left is Kamen Rider 1, who has an updated "The First" SH out.

Normal retail price is 2000 yen but the price can vary depending on the figure, such as the Kabuto line where each rider had two sets of armor. cwk2002 on eBay might be the best dealer for discontinued Riders.

7. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I -try- to collect them, but it's often a case of me always pushing them below some big pricey robot stuff. :( 

I do have a couple though. Faiz & Kaixa, Kabuto, Hyper Kabuto, about 5 or 6 Ryuki ones, and Ground Form Agito w/ gokin bike!

8. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    What keeps me from having much more is the fact that Bandai discontinues them and some of the ones I really want are impossible to find, like Garo.

9. StrawHatPirate

StrawHatPirate KaizokuOu

Some of them can be really hard to find. Two of my favorites, Ibuki and Blade King Form, I found while I was in Japan. That was pure luck, too. I had wanted both and could never find either for sale on eBay or various message boards.

I wouldn't mind to finish off the Blade set and pick up a couple more from Kabuto. I'd like to find a couple of older Riders, too, like V3 and Amazon (I think I've seen SH figs for them around before).

10. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I have Rider 2 from The First, Faiz and Hyper Kabuto. It's a pain finding these from US sellers, and I ended up having to buy 2 from China. I really want Den-O sword form since Bandai has a new body out. I also want Gattack, Ryuki, Kuuga, Shadow Moon and Black RX. I would kill for some of the bikes, like autovajin and the Kabuto extenders.

11. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

I have Gattack & Hoppers 1 & 2 from The First.
    I REALLY want Bandai to release the Hoppers from Kabuto though! I saw prototypes and they were the ONLY ones that were not made!
    You HEAR me Bandai?? MAKE THEM!!

12. StrawHatPirate

StrawHatPirate KaizokuOu

You never know. They could eventually release them. Look at how long it took for Bandai to release Faiz Blaster Form and Orga. Those two only hit Japan last summer and the others from Faiz had been out quite a few years prior. I'd say there's probably a decent chance you'll see the Kabuto Hoppers at some point down the road.

13. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Bandai made the Hoppers in the cast-off line(even though they don't cast off?). I have the vinyl versions, I got them from a US seller as a set for a great price since they are my favorite. I might replace them with the COR versions if I can get a decent deal.

14. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Who cares about the Hoppers, why haven't we gotten an SH Riderman? I think he's the only Classic Rider not to have one.

15. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I have a few of these. I got Kabuto Hyper form a few months back and got Blade King Form and Garo when I was in Hong Kong. I want to get a few more but money is a issue.

16. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think that Newburry comics had those, but I'm not sure.. I was bummed out that they lacked Faiz figures in stock. :( 

17. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I care about the Hoppers. Riderman has a Medicom figure, and I don't think his helmet would work in the SH line.

18. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I've just started collecting SH figures, thanks to Den-O. I picked up the Sword Form from cwk2002/Hobby Lobby, and it's just great. All the positive aspects of Microman, none of the negatives, and with amazing detail to boot. The armor could have been held together a tiny bit better, but otherwise, pure awesome. I'm definitely going to get at least one other Form, maybe the... ahem, spoiler :)  ... as well.

I don't know how I'd feel about the older ones. Part of the appeal of getting Den-O was the dumping of the hideous human heads and the newer body type. The older ones might not be quite so appealing on hand.

19. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Yeah, im looking forward to getting some Den-o SH in May, that way I can order more than just Sword Form.

So the new body they're using is that big of an improvement? The human-heads of the past never really bothered, except for the one or two times I wanted to depict them helmet less, it just looked goofy because of the heads.

Do the hands hold his weapon well?

20. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I finally got my first one today. I've been wanting one for the longest time.

I got Ouja for $4. The box was a little banged up, but everything else was perfect. I can't believe they gave em those teeny tiny vent cards. lol