SOTA's Street Fighter

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by LigerPrime, Mar 19, 2006.

1. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone here collects them? I just picked up the latest wave and I'm very impressed with them.

In terms of quality of the materials used, SOTA's SF seems to be more a better quality than MLs and although there were some paint job issues on some of the figures I saw, I'm overall very satisfied with those that I purchased.

For those who don't know Round 4's (latest wave) line-up, it consists of:

1. Akuma :Gouki: 
    2. Fei Long
    3. Ibuki
    4. Remy
    5. Birdie

The 2 must have are Akuma and Fei Long. The varients so far I managed to picked-up are Shin Akuma (Capcom vs SNES) and a brown-greyish pants Fei Long.

Check out the link below to look at the varient Akumas - my version is the one on the right!

http://www.sgcollect.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=26

2. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    I must have the Gouki, I just got the Justoys versions

3. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

I wanted to get into collecting Street Figther toys but I didnt have the funds. I might try to get just Ryu Ken and Akuma.

4. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    The normal version should be pretty to find...in fact, some stores in the US have already received them! But don't wait too long as I got a feeling Akuma will be one of the hottest figures in the entire series.

Giga-Galvatron, Ryu may be quite difficult to find. Your best bet is to pick-up the Ryu vs Sagat 2-pack.

5. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I have Vega (red), Guile, and Sakura. I really wanted to get Ryu and Ken, but I found the toys in stores a little too late.

I can't think of too many characters I really want. I might get Remy, since he's one of the few characters I've played in SFIII.

I'm sorely tempted to get Balrog, despite the fact that I'm not a fan of the character, because his alternate head reminds me of Uncle Ruckus from The Boondocks.

I'm really looking forward to SOTA's Darkstalkers line, but BBTS says Series 1 is due February 2007.

6. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

Their alright but i still hold ML higher then them, SOTA is just a tad TOO keen on sculpting over artic*Ryu/Ken only have single elbows, no caff swivles*

Ryu and Ken could use the extra forward back shoulder joint some ML and SMC figs have, would make the Hadoken actually possible heh. I also don't really like SOTA's neck joints, they don't allow for enough movement*really ticks me off with Vega since he should like have GREAT neck movement*

Plus the prices can be a bit high for my taste, i usely only pick SF up when they be on sale or i recieve them as gifts, other wise make mine Marvel/TB/soon to be Hasbro.

7. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Is there a pic of the Ibuki fig? I love that character.

8. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

I have almost all of them I think I'm only missing Sodom (who I don't want) and some of the new ones. Akuma and Fei-long arrive on Monday. I 'm also going to get Birdie, but that's it from the new series. It's my 2nd favorite toyline behind Marvel Legends.

9. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I don't have a camera so below are some links. The first link is a link of a group shot and Ibuki fans may not be pleased that she's not in scale as compared to the game version.

http://www.action-figure.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=16358&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=100

This link is a photoshoot on Ibuki alone.

http://www.action-figure.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=16358&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=200

AlphaPrime, I get what you mean about the "joints" issue with SOTA's SF but some of the ML figures are so multi-jointed that it ruins the look of the toy. IMO, SF have maintained a good balance of articulation and looks.

Eg.

Spawn toys = looks good but hardly if not, no articulation

SOTA SF - looks good and decent articulation and some instances joints too tight.

ML = looks ok, cheap but too multi-jointed and has QC problems such as paint jobs, stiff joints.

10. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I don't have a camera so below are some links. The first link is a link of a group shot and Ibuki fans may not be pleased that she's not in scale as compared to the game version.

http://www.action-figure.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=16358&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=100

This link is a photoshoot on Ibuki alone.

http://www.action-figure.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=16358&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=200

AlphaPrime, I get what you mean about the "joints" issue with SOTA's SF but some of the ML figures are so multi-jointed that it ruins the look of the toy. IMO, SF have maintained a good balance of articulation and looks.

Eg.

Spawn toys = looks good but hardly if not, no articulation

SOTA SF = looks good and decent articulation and some instances joints too tight.

ML = looks ok, cheap but too multi-jointed and has QC problems such as paint jobs, stiff joints.

Crap - double post. My apologies...

11. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    My friends and I just hit a store closing two towns over a couple of weeks ago, and we managed to get the few that were left for half the price. I like the hell out of them, although M. Bison's right arm pops off if you touch it.

Did a photoshoot, but it's borderline NSFW.

That's right, we posed them having an orgy and took pictures. It was funny then and it's funny now.

12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    All I get is a forum index and I can't seem to find the thread with the pic in question. Can you give a more direct link?

13. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I got Guile and just got Ryu vs Sagat 2 pack from Ebay. I plan to get Fei Long (one of my fave fighters) w/grey black pants and Shin Akuma. I may get Blanka and Evil Ryu in the future if I can find good price for them.

14. Predaking

I thought you might get all the variants. Which one are you planning to get?

15. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    My apologies dude...it seems that I can't seem to link the pages directly for that website...seems that a couple of posters there are having the same problem. I'm a cpu IDIOT...does anyone know why I can't paste links? In the past I could just cut and paste the link.

Its under the section "Action Figures", topic is "Street Fighter Action Figures"! Check out the last few pages for the pictures.

16. Predaking

My brother got Akuma with black robe (or gi) last week and after playing Capcom vs SNK last night I now want to get Shin Akuma as well. Fei Long w/grey-black pants is a must have. I heard the QC for this wave isn't as good as previous ones, with some complains of loose ankles on their figs. Can anyone confirm this?

17. Predaking

BBTS got Series 3 featuring Guile, Balrog, and Sakura all 5 for $29.99. I got Guile already but I wonder if it's still a good deal getting 5 for less than $30.

18. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I got myself a set but have only opened Fei Long and Akuma.

Akuma - joints no problem, tight and nice. However there are some of my countrymen are complaining that their Akumas are suffering from loose joints.

Feillong - yup, seem like he's suffering from loose ankles..either QC has fallen or SOTA has over-oiled him due to numerous complaints of broken joints.

Paint job for both my figures is good.

As with regards to QC on the entire line, yeah, there was been complains. Eg. paint job not up the mark etc.
    Therefore, choose your toys carefully as I did.

Rumor seems to say that the factory that SOTA has been using is cheesed off with the SOTA for plans to use another factory.

19. LigerPrime

News Credits:
  20. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

I just want Fei Long and Remy outta the wave, Akuma just ain't looking right to me, he just looks way off somehow, course IMO they havn't done the Sho style fighters good anyway, Ryu and Ken's mold is outdated and lame, and i've never been a fan of SOTA's neck joints, i took and butchered the back of Vega's neck just to give him more motion, they care for sculpt over artic a lil too much and sometimes can't even sculpt em to look right, sheesh.