SOTA's Street Fighter Toys

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Obvious Prime, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Well, after a quick search, I couldn't find a thread for them, so I made one. Anyways, in here we discuss SOTA's Street Fighter action figures.

So, what do you guys think of Revolutions Series 1, including E. Honda, Dhalsim, R. Mika, and Zangief? As well as the SDCC 2008 Exclusive Dark Dhalsim & Black E. Honda and Pink R. Mika & Green Zangief Two-Packs.

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will be definitely picking up this series - just to complete the SF2 line-up. When are the regular versions due? Its a pity that the Dark Stalkers line-up got canceled though. The sculpts and articulation were pretty good IMO.

3. Obvious Prime

News Credits:
    Not sure, but BBTS says August. So probably soon.

And I agree, the Dark Stalkers looked great.

4. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Search harder --> http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/125554-anyone-collect-street-fighter-action-figures.html :) 

5. Obvious Prime

News Credits:
    Oops.

I guess these can be merged then.

6. Crown_Athlete

Crown_Athlete Well-Known Member

I was going to get the SDCC set, but then I found out NECA has the SF4 license. No use jumping on a sinking ship. Even if they still have the original license, it's inevitable Capcom will give it to NECA.

7. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I have just about all the figures from SOTA, including all the variants for Fei Long (my fave SF fighter). I am definitely getting the last 3 SF2 fighters to complete my collection. Passing on Mika tho it's a pretty lame character imo. After getting those 3 I am done with the line for good and I may start selling the non SF2 and SF2 Turbo characters. Just hope someday they will release the Jamaican guy (forgot his name) so SF2 Turbo will be completed too.

8. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, I have stuck with SOTA for so long, might as well see it through. The Jamaican guy is...Deejay?

9. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

That would be him heh. MAX OUT!*shudder* i HATE fighting him......annoying...good thing Guile doesn't pull off that many Sonic Booms while being AI or i'd hate fighting him also.

As for the toys i only have Guile Vega Adon and Remy, just couldn't stand to get any more, neither of the Ryu's are good enough IMO(hell, not one of em can pull off the freaking hadouken pose......sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh) even Vega has his problems, Guile is alright(a little to sad looking instead of gruff and tough though) Adon is fine, except he could have used some more range in the hips considering his style of fighting. Remy is pretty much perfect, not saying much though, Remy is kinda bland after all but the only SF3 character i really give a rats ass about besides Elena so i got him heh.

10. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    about two months ago, I decided to take the plunge and grab a lot of a dozen of the figures for about $90. not too bad, considering they retailed for at least $10 each. I love street fighter, and have e honda, dhalsim and zangief on preorder from bbts. I too wish they'd put out deejay, even though I don't really like him, just to finish super sf2.

11. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I'm not too particular if Ryu can perform the hadouken pose. In fact, I'm an easily satisfied toy collector. As long as the sculpt is good (Ryu looks Asian), there's decent amount of articulation (basic limbs move) and paint job is decent - I'm fine with my toys! LOL!

12. AlphaPrime

But what good is a Ryu that can't pull off both the ShoRyuKen and Hadouken? its like having a costumed up Wolverine that doesn't have claws.

13. Obvious Prime

News Credits:
    Hey guys, I just ordered the SDCC Exclusive Evil Ryu and Psycho Bison 2-pack. How is it? Anybody got any decent pics of it?

14. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

I pre-ordered Honda, Dalshim and Zangief months ago, still waiting for the release. I tried to catch up on the round 1-4 figures, but they are kinda hard to get at a decent price. I only have 5 of them so far, and I'm not interested in alternate color or character beyond Super SF2, exception for Akuma, so it's kinda hard to track them all down.

15. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Dude, that comparison is too extreme - a better comparison would be if SOTA gave us a Ryu without a red head-band and put him in a gi that is not white! LOL!

16. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

I really like SOTA's Chun-Li. Probably the only figure from this line that I don't regret getting.

17. AlphaPrime

She's good, my brother has her, just that overall her faces don't look like Chun Li, body and articulation wise she's perfect though.

18. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Picked up SOTA's Street Fighter Revolution series 1 today. As I won't be opening them as I need to tidy my room (and I have alot of tidying!), I thought I post a picture.

[​IMG]

19. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    so...they're out! yes! this means veeeery shortly I'll be able to ship a bbts pile of loot. awesome!

20. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, I have to forewarn you guys - the paint job on Zangief's nose was terrible as many of them seems smudged while being packed. Took me awhile to find a decent one! And er, I just remembered that Mika is the "short-packed" figure - 1 per case!