SOOOO many transformer cartoons

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MTME, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

Not in my opinion. Widely, but not fully considered. :thumbs2: 

What good is the writing if you can't get into the visuals and animation? They don't do it for me.
    Also, no offense son, I'm not disputing a robot can change into anything in the TF universe, but it all began with vehicles. My interest and intrigue about TFs was that it tapped my imagination as a child, and still does today, because they were vehicles and not metal animals. :) 

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

haha... "son".. haha :p 

3. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

Yeh, sorry, I just watched 'EEGAH' and one line in it was "no offense son..." so I guess it found its way into my post. :D 

4. maut1234

maut1234 Hero Class

Ebay:
    I'm a G1 kind of guy, so i just stick to watching and buying G1 things. unless the other series has a G1 paint job or exclusive then ill buy it.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Animated, BW and G1 are the only ones worth really watching. And some of Armada. Mostly just because those shows actually had real effort put into the stories, even if G1 is dated, and Animated is a tad toned-down, BW has the best characters and stories, and Armada actually has some epicness to it near the end. G1 hadf the classic feel, BW had brilliant quality, Armada had the first plot to use Unicron and do him some justice, and Animated had the pure fun. but out of all, BW and Animated are the best.

As for enjoying the few minutes of Energon so far: prepare to be surprised, my friend.

6. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

Beast wars you have to stick with it until the connection to G1 happens after that you will not stop and beg for more.

7. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Word son. Word.

8. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    There's Beast Wars Neo and Beast Wars II. Those cartoons were cool.

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    personally, I really enjoyed Galaxy Force. I hated Cybertron, but the GF show was entertaining.

10. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

I just think you are doing your self a disservice. I am speaking as a covert. I was not big on Beast Wars until I sat down and watched it all. Season 2 and 3 are some of the finest bits of transformers TV ever.

11. Optimus_Khan

Optimus_Khan Well-Known Member

All the shows should be watched because they are all apart of the rich Transformers history. Some I enjoy more than others. I love, love Super Link. It's the definition of the high octane Japanese Transformer show. Everything was so big and epic. Great character arcs and great sacrifices added a lot to it. I liked how Kicker wasn't some cheerleader for the autobots like most kids in the shows have been. He felt like a real teen. Someone who tired of being used by his father and by Optimus but when it came down to it he grew and even called Optimus his father in a pretty cool scene towards the end of the series. It's like watching a Transformers tokusatsu show. Even the robots were blocky like a tokusatsu show.

Galaxy Force as awesome as the Gonzo animation was at times put me to sleep. It simply wasn't as exciting which is sad because the music was great, the animation, the designs were great, toys were great but the show never achieved awesomeness.

Beast Wars was a great show that got cut off a season to early (why does that always happen?) and that's the show that made me a Megatron fan. I thought the idea of Transformers turning into animals was dumb (and I still do) but the content of the show won me over. The humor was a pleasant surprise as was the overall story (so awesome it made the tragedy of Beast Machines hurt that much more).

Animated seems to divide people. I like it, it's entertaining but light. Teen Titans was aimed at the same younger audience demographic as Animated but delivered more on story and intensity. I think it succeeded in introducing a younger audience to the franchise (my brother is five and was born in Nicaragua and he's just learning English but he can sing the opening theme song. That's a success right there).