Sooo... What happened to that space bridge they were building?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by bio9205, Oct 16, 2011.

1. bio9205

bio9205 Knocked Out

Remember how we speculated the Cons were gearing up for something big, especially with all that Energon harvesting towards the season finale? Plus, Megs himself instructed Knockout to complete construction of the space bridge in One Shall Fall. But everyone conveniently forgot about it when One Shall Rise aired.

My point is, storyline-wise, it may have lost its significance since Megs has no purpose for Dark Energon anymore (has it lost its powers?) - but could it play a role in season 2? Say, the Bots use it to get to Cybertron to access Vector Sigma to restore Optimus' memories since currently they have no way of getting there, or something like that. What do you guys think?

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see why not. Who goes through the trouble of almost finishing a space bridge and DOESN'T finish it?

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think it will come into play sooner or later. Remember though, Bulkhead has the last piece.

4. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Yes hopefully, this is going to set up part of the second season storyline :) 

5. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think dark energon would have lost its power. When Cybertron went dark, normal energon still stayed the same. Unicron was out of comission in most of season 1, yet dark energon still remained effective.

Also, isn't dark energon the substance that's keeping Megatron's spark alive? He stated it in 'One Shall Fall'. The way I see it, even if Unicron is dead or alive, his blood would still be effective.

Also, Unicron's death wouldn't deter the reason for Megatron's desire for Dark Energon, and that is power. Dark energon can produce an army of zombies for him to command, prevent death and seemingly enhance physical abilities. I doubt he'd let go of such power. And that's why I think his desire for the planet earth will have probably increased a dozen times.

6. megapork

megapork Cheese

Without a suitable power source it will be useless.(Bulkhead did it) Hopefully it will come into play in season 2.

7. ken8kuhletz08

ken8kuhletz08 JKC

News Credits:
    So far, I agree with everyone else. Season 2 is sooo pumped up, I think 26 episodes may cut a little short... or maybe, yet another 5-part mini-series for that matter. Either way, season 2 will surely be BIG!

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think we'll see Starscream using it real soon. With Megatron (and possibly Soundwave) trying to recreate yesteryears for Orion, Starscream may call in a few favors, a free roundtrip ticket home and no questions asked, as he goes to Cybertron to get what will become his squad of troops, the Comabticons.

9. megapork

megapork Cheese

Is that like one of those automatic wash your own car places?

Back to topic, Awesome idea mate. But the seekers are more likely group seeing that they have already been referenced and this would be the best and least boring course of action. I seriously doubt they would introduce a large group of Cons like the combaticons without introducing an autobot group like the wreckers first. The Autobots would be majorly outnumbered and outgunned and they will be like snuffed.

I seriously need to lay off the coke zero.... I CANT THINK STRAIGHT!!!

10. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Maybe the Cons will tap into Megatron's memory and figure out where the Autobot base is through their own research. It would be great way to begin the season finale for season 2.

11. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    People seem to be ignoring the fact that the writers confirmed
    season 2 will have the cast going into space.

Gee, I wonder how they'll get there.

12. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    *raises hand--pick me!*

I know, I know!!

Derrrrrrrrr....the spacebridge!! :lol 

They'll just have to steal the last piece back from the humans/Autobots--piece of cake!!

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Obviously it's for next season.

Unicron was just a mear pothole in their road.

14. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The space bridge was presumably put on the backburner. Megatron's reason for wanting to build it was to find more Dark Energon, which he found. On Earth. It was less pressing to get it finished with a new Dark Energon source so close.

Besides which, Bulkhead stole the power source.

15. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    i think dark energon may still have power...however the dark energon near unicron went inert once unicron went back into "stasis lock"...the purple glow on megs and in his eyes went away as soon as the Matrix blasted Unicron's spark....his eyes went back to "normal red" and his decepticon symbol no longer glows purple.

just my :2c: 

16. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

Nope, they're just going to flap their arms REALLY hard.

17. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    i think silas and the MECH group are going to find it and try to use it to further their own version of making a "transformer"....that or the autobots are going to end up using it to get to cybertron to try to capture "orion pax" or to cure him of his amnesia...

or maybe airarchnid will team with starscream to do a strike against "megatron's" leadership of the Cons....

18. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like this idea :thumb 

Kind of "the enemy of my enemy...."

19. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    well the screamer is exiled...and she got pwned by soundwave...and she is not really a fan of megs...and is basically serving his ego-ness to prevent from being "dis-assembled"...he had made some comment off handed about "dealing with her "disloyalty or something to that affect" when she turned up with breakdown and the other cons....after the end of that polarizer weapon episode

20. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My bad. ComBaticons.

I think the seekers are already with Starscream. He is the Aircommander after all. I think what we saw in WFC is how he came into power here too. Will we see Thundercracker and Skywarp? I hope so, but who knows.

I’d be surprised if it still has any power left. I also noted how Unicron’s powers all came to a stop the second his Spark went out. Why would distant Dark Energon still show signs of power if that which was closes to the source ceased to function?

I recall getting scolded for suggesting that Airachnid and Starscream were in league with one another back during partners. It’s interesting to see that is something on people’s minds now, despite the fact that Starscream was courting her way back when.