Sooo..I am the only one that wants an updated, leader Optimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by encline, Feb 14, 2010.

1. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For real....I see all these new pictures and new figures....I get it.....appeal the most to the youngsters.....

I know we have masterpiece Prime, he is great, but I think a great, updated, Leader class "generations" Optimus Prime would be fantastic....Something based or resembling the new comic style by Don Figueroa...

And something that does NOT have the cab still stuck on the arms......

2. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    I'd love a G1-esque Leader Prime. I think it would be both amazing and hilarious if they produced a smaller (maybe lighter) version of the MP mold, and beat iGear to the punch.

Is that Autobot symbol in your avatar... Amish? :lol 

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Only catch is that anything in the Leader Class will have to be related to whatever the mainline is. So unless a new show comes out with a classic styled Optimus, odds are there won't be a Leader Class in the classic style.

I'm not ruling out the possibility by any means, because let's face it if any character could carry that banner it's Optimus, but that's just how it is. The biggest toys go to the main line.

4. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    HAHA... Jebidiah-tron....

I was thinking a larger Hybrid style Prime.....that thing is awesome....mixed with a revoltech prime style..

5. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    MP Prime's cab mode leaves a bit to be desired, and I've never been a huge fan of the Classics Voyager Prime mold.

I've been saying for a while now(and I'm not alone) that they should do Powermaster Optimus Prime for Classicverse. Leader class is generally a bit too big for my tastes, but for Powermaster Prime, I think it'd be justified.

6. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Yeah, the bot mode is incredible. The only reasons I've not bought it is because it's freakishly tiny and the truck looks like a stack of smooshed assholes.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'd totally go for a new G1-styled Leader Optimus, but unti we get that I'm perfectly happy with my Classics voyager mold It's the perfect size in comparison to the deluxe cars and it's all sorts of freaking amazing even with the arm kibble.

:lolol  :lol  :lolol  :lol  :lolol  I like Hybrid G1 Optimus, but your assessment of the truck mode is 300% accruate.

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    a new mold g1 prime? sure, but personally i would rather it be a powermaster prime

9. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I wouldn't mind another crack at an updated G1 Optimus at all, but I'd rather something in a smaller size class, like Voyager or Ultra. Leader-class always seems so out of place with everything else on my shelf. I know it tends to be in-scale vehicle-wise, but... Optimus does not need to be the biggest Autobot. In fact, I prefer it when he ISN'T. Also, Leader-class toys run a higher risk of Hasbro feeling the compulsive need to cram pointless electronics or gimmicks in that actually hamper the figure.

However, a Voyager-sized cab with a trailer sold at the Leader price point would be entirely welcome.