Sony says Xbox 360 is too expensive...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by rattrap007, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The fact that you can still buy an NES and have it work is a testament to quality production. I found my old gameboy a couple months ago, still had the old gameboy baseball in it. I hadn't see it since I moved out of my parents house in 2003. Hadn't played it in years before that. I plugged in a few batteries and the thing still worked. I then gave it to my Mom who wanted it to play Dr. Mario.

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Maybe you'd rather MS just turned round and said "bollocks to you; you bought it, it's not our concern any more"? Of course you wouldn't. They acknowledged that there was a fault, and they did something about it. not a great deal more they could do without a ful (and utterly impractical) product recall.
    Yup, I have to agree here - my Wii will last forever.
    Mostly because I never play on it.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I only had one Nintendo Product break and I'm pretty sure I was one in a million. I bought my Gamecube at Target, and I bought Rogue Squadron. None of the polygonal objects were showing up, so I would move the controller and the background would shift with no forground objects. I returned it for another GC and it never stopped working.

edit: No, I wouldn't want MS to do that, of course. I would have rather them trust in their product and release it when it was ready, instead of rushing to the entrance to beat the competition. Like with anything, if the product is good, then it will sell, regardless of when you release it.... well, almost anything. MS is not the only one guilty of this, but in their situation it was bad, and the worst of it is that their reason wasn't an oversight on their part. They knew it was there.

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

[​IMG]

5. Shakira

Shakira Well-Known Member

Ok, I have actually read through all the posts here and I am going to throw down my opinion.
    I agree 100% that Nintendo products are built like tanks. Ask my deep six DS it went underwater and after disassembly and some drying it works perfectly. It is the original launch model as well.
    My opinion on the Wii. I love the system but I am bummed about the graphics it seems like it is stuck in time. The games mostly are crap Hanna Montana games? I guess there is a market for them but when I look at the available games I am turned off. It does have some games that shine LOZ, SMB, Metroid, etc etc. What does my Wii do now? gather dust.
    PS3. Fancy dvd player (for now). I have never really caught on with this system. I used it to play GOW2, Resistance 1 was good, Resistance 2 got boring quick. MGS4 gold! LBP amusing to play I need to get into it some more. I like the free online play I see the point Sony has there. I cannot wait for GOW3. I like the sd card slots and USB ports. I can see the potential in the system but the games have been so-so.
    360. I am surprised I have not wore this guy out yet. I seem to use it for everything. My first one went RROD then I bought a Elite for the hard drive and HDMI output. I don't have any complaints about XBL at all. I am one of the original members and have loved it since the days of Ghost Recon. When it comes to games I prefer the 360's library. I cannot get enough of Gears, then you have Mass Effect, Bioshock (Xbox got it first), Dead Rising, Ninja Gaiden 2, Forza 2 etc etc.
    Its a matter of opinion to a degree. I have not had to purchase anything additional for my PS3 so I agree on that point.
    Is a first release PS3 worth some bread now?

6. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PS3 = :bay :bay :bay :bay 

Xbox 360 = :banghead: :mad: inquisiti

Wii = :tumbleweed: 

This Topic & Twin Twist = Priceless

7. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Doesn't the 80gig PS3 still have software emulated BC?

I never got around to trying my old PS games on it yet >_>

8. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nintendo is the only company I'll buy a first gen game system from. Their systems can just take a beating.

It is funny just how cavalier Sony seems to be, throwing out comments like this when similar comments can be made concerning their own company. I would suggest to both Microsoft and Sony that instead of wasting time slinging shit everywhere, they invest that time into their machines and see if they can't patch up some of the flaws.

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Does'nt matter, it's the games that count anyway, and PS3 only has a few good ones.
    Im on my 3rd 360, pieces of crap if you ask me, but the games are soo worth it.

Ive also been through 4 PS2's ,and Id have to be stupid to put $400 + on a PS3 just to go through all that again.

Funny thing is. Microsoft has reimbursed me on 2 of those systems. I paid $100 only once. Sony has never reimbursed me, and I have to pay them $40 just to use their help line.
    Sony= cheap bastard kings

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    LOL Sony.

I've been blessed with a working 360 for years now and I don't play many games, so I'm fairly content that as far as I'm concerned, I made the right choice.

AAAASSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

:lol 

11. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Pvvvit, whatever, I practically rape my 360 Elite every day and it's still kicking ass.

Whos the guy in that little animated giff with the look of horror on his face by the way?

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here we go again... see Valky's quote from earlier. Technically, and based on a reviews, the PS3 has more (highly reviewed) exclusives than the 360 has had this year, and most of the 360 games are not exclusives, as they are on PC as well.

"The PS3 has no, or few good games", is a Yellow Journalism term from a year ago that still echos in the voices of those who wish to put the system down. Are there 200 "me too" Halo/COD first party clones on the PS3? Nope.. Are there plenty of "not for every audience, but still 8.0+ on the reviews." Yup, and more of them.

It just doesn't hold up anymore... Now, I will agree that not everyone is into games like Folklore or Eye of Judgement, but those games exist, they are exclusives, and they have been well-met by reviewers. For those who aren't into those kind of games, absolutely the 360 is a better buy.

13. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Here an X Box 360 costs 149 € and a PS3 about 399 €. Anyway... I would NEVER buy a fucking console from Microsoft. I wouldn't even buy an OS from Microsoft... I wait till I can afford a PS3. Till then I enjoy my PS2.

14. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    2girls1cup? :D 

15. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Well Whoopty-shit.

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Back at you, since we're stooping to that level.

17. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have a new favorite WTF picture...

18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

92 pages! Cmon man do you expect me to read that far back :lol 

I still disagree though, 360 has way more games to enjoy, exclusive or not.
    And from reading many multiplatform reviews, Playtation and Nintendo has more buggy games that should've ran as smooth as the 360. Well the PS3 atleast.
    Add some backwards capabilities and Xbox LIVE Arcade and 360 pwns the competition. Especially with those classic arcades, with added achievements

Still ps3 has some major awesome games that I would love on the 360, but doubt the 360 could handle them. Lately the PS3 has been stepping it up tho

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes :D . It's Valkyias man, it's a goood read!! It's also filled with Twin Twist witty interjections.

Honestly, I wouldn't read 92 pages. This same debate happens once every two weeks, it just switches subject. It's like watching Autobot Spike for the 20th time, but still sitting through it because you're amused :) 

At the end of the day, I do love my Green Box of doom, but just not as much as my PS3. And Together they form Defensor, which is better than the Wii, IMO. That one still has to prove itself to me.

Don't think we missed this, DR. I'm going to report to the Abuse Against Console Police

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    here's the list o' PS3 games I posted before. all exclusive to the platform.

LittleBigPlanet
    Resistance
    Resistance 2
    Motorstorm
    Motorstorm 2: Pacific Rift
    Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Disgaea 3
    Eye of Judgement
    Folklore
    Ratchet and Clank Future
    Uncharted
    The Last Guy
    Pixeljunk Monsters
    Pixeljunk Eden
    Everyday Shooter

and then people added onto it and it rose to about 21 or 22 titles.

20 titles is a fine library for a console so young. While I love my 360, I don't think I could find nearly as many solid exclusives for it.