Sony - PS2/3/P News

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by OmegaScourge, Mar 15, 2006.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=6121

hmmm..interesting to say the least

but $200...even as a value pack....is still too expensive though

2. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Im lovin the sound of some of this. Still REALLY hoping that the PS3 comes with a standard HDD. None of this add on bullshit. The psp eyetoy sounds interesting. GPS seems kinda odd. The PS1 emulator sounds really cool. I'd like to play some Metal Slug on my PSP.

3. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd guess that if there's a standard Hard Drive, it's not going to be 60GB....

Not necessarily bad news however.

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I'm thinking it's likely going to be a 60gb as standard. If not why mention a specific size at all? *shrugs*

5. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Hmm, Linux you say. PS3 just got a one up in my book.

6. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i think they'll do a 360 thing...the core system and the hella expensive with HDD system...if it worked with the 360, you know Sony will follow suit.

7. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Some of the info released is really exciting. Especially for the PSP. An official PSOne emulator with the ability to download old PSOne games? I like the sound of that, so long as it isn't too costly. The addition of Macromedia Flash (it's about damn time) will make things really interesting. Imagine a flash game site where the games are optimized for the PSP's screen and controls. Could be really cool. And I can wait until November for a PS3. Actually, I'll likely wait until January or so. The 60 GB HDD is about what I expected and the online system sounds fairly robust. Once I see some actual games and the system running I'll get a bit more excited about the PS3.

8. wolfnfox

wolfnfox Well-Known Member

Went to another site and they reported that the PS3 will not come with the Hard Drive, you will have to buy it seperately. But they told all developers to just assume all Ps3's do have a hard drive.

So if you pick up a PS3 but are unable to get the Hard Drive you have a problem.

Be nice if they released a price point, this is looking to be reallly expensive.

9. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    I was just thinking the same thing. It seems strange that the system would be releaseing in a bit over 1/2 of a year and not mention the price point consider they have released the rought amount that the system will cost to make.

Maybe it's just me.

10. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    PSP price drop! FINALLY! I may just get one now.

11. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

.....psone games to a psp.....Symphony of the nigth.....

I could also use a GPS(one thatb works with maps and what not with all geocashing my friends I do...)

price drop.

hum Ill see its very promising though

PS2 price drop NOW I beg you sony.

ps3 meh still nothing that has caugth my attention yet.....

12. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I'm not too psyched about the new psp features. Every one of them save the camera has a homebrew app that's been out for months. Although the official PS1 ports would probably run a fair bit better.

13. Big Nine

Big Nine <font color= pink><b>Pink Soul<br>'Weak Humanoid G Veteran

I think that the PS1 deal is pretty cool, and so long as I can run everything through a 4gb memory stick, I'm fine with it. If it requires the new system though, then it doesn't consern me, as I probably won't upgrade my system.

14. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I like the PS1 emulator idea for PSP. Symphony of the Night on that gorgeous PSP screen? Hell yes.

15. gil

gil Godmaster

Can they fit all 4 discs of Final Fantasy 9 on the memory card? I want a PSP if they can. Then again, I really don't care if it's 4 memory cards I gotta swap out. $200 sounds better then $250, so maybe I'll get it as a gift for Christmas or Birthday (my past gifts include a PS2, DS, and Gamecube). I really want to play Lumines, Fight Night, and Gran Turismo on that thing.

Also, I'm glad to get the PS2 this past Christmas and didn't wait any longer for a price drop. Looks like it's not happening.

16. Big Nine

Big Nine <font color= pink><b>Pink Soul<br>'Weak Humanoid G Veteran

Keep in mind that only first party titles are a sure thing. Third partys probably don't have to participate, and may be able to charge what they want. I'll wait for further announcements. The more I think about it honestly the less I like it. The games may not be optimized for the PSP (no wide screen). I would rather play the games I already own, not pay for them again, unless the DL service offers something new...

17. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    You're gonna have to pay an arm and a leg if they require you to store them on your own memory card. I think on the low end ps1 games were around 450mb. Thats gonna fill up your $70-$80 1gb cards quick.

The best bet is that they have them on umd, or there own memory cards.

18. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Just to clear some things up. Turns out that PSP isnt exactly getting a price drop.

"Beginning March 22nd, the new package will only feature the PSP system, AC adaptor and battery for a new suggested retail price of $199.99."

http://psp.ign.com/articles/696/696068p1.html

Now you can buy it without all the necessary stuff... like the memory stick and case. Sony phails at pricing!

19. ashe5k

ashe5k Well-Known Member

Now I read that as it's coming with a 60 gig hard drive, not an optional thing. The PSP news really got me. I've wanted to be able to play PSOne games on it for awhile. I do find it amusing that the top homebrew mods for the PSP are the ones they're adding into the regular functions on the PSP. The flash player, the GPS, the camera mod, and the PSone emulator have been or are in development by homebrew people right now.

The $425 price tag in Japan is fairly reasonable for the PS3. I wonder if that means the US is getting it for around 450?

20. the_riesen

the_riesen INDY COLTS SBXLI-Champs TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    ps3 is awsome again yay :)