Sony FINALLY talks PS3 Price-Cuts!!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Paladin, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:

Bout time they did something right.

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Anything less than $100 slash (which I think is out of the question) count me out.

3. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

We're still not out of the woods yet. "How much are they willing to cut back the price?" is what I"m asking myself. Because I doubt they'll go under $400.

4. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    This only makes me excited for an xbox 360 price cut.

5. ABH1979

ABH1979 Blue Boba Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    Same.

As far as Sony is concerned, I've completely jumped shit.

6. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's gonna be a 360 price cut?!

Sign me up!

7. Carnivac

Carnivac Survivor

I'm about a year or so away from buying a PS3 anyways. My PS2 is plenty for me right now and I just would like to purchase a PSP for outdoor use (as my friend has now banned me from borrowing his). I'd be mainly buying PS3 as replacement/upgrade for my PS2 anyways and maybe there will be more games that I'd like. But I find myself losing interest in modern gaming mainly due to the fact I'm not much of an online gamer and I really, really dislike the Wii despite having once been a Nintendo die-hard (I'm even making a NES style video game myself).

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    About goddamn time, Sony. Never forget that at the end of the day you're selling a games machine.

9. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    Me too!

As someone else said, anything less than $100 drop from Sony is getting no consideration from me.

10. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

If they lower the PS3's price to around $400 for the good model, I'll be highly tempted.

11. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll probably jump ship to XBox360 after a price drop. I'll keep my PS2 and PSP though..

12. mocrzy

mocrzy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hey man, Be careful w/ the PSP if you want to use it outside...if it's sunny outside, you can't see the screen. Unlike the Game Boys,which do better in the sun, PSP's are awful in the sun...

Now if by outside you mean away from home...then the PSP is a great toy...just use it inside...

As for PS3 price cut, I've lived w/o a PS1 or PS2...I don't think even a price cut to a $450 60 GB PS3 will be enough for me to buy it....

13. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Any word on actually getting some decent games on the system?

14. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

hopefully it'll be by October...as thats when i'll be getting one as a B-Day gift :D 

15. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a shame that consumers can't realize what a great value the PS3 already is. But if that's what it takes to move systems and encourage more developers, then it must be done. Though I'm sure SCE must be careful about undercutting the stand-alone Blu-ray division.

16. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

it has to do with adding all these extra stuff that bunch of people would not use ever. $600 is a lot to drop just for a game system. When i get mines, it'll be just for video games (like all my other systems)...so however much they drop it, the better for me.

17. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

PS3's only value right now is as a Blu-Ray player. By the end of the year it won't be much of a value in that area since there will be cheaper players out there. Considering the small market for Blu-Ray until they are cheaper, the PS3 doesn't hold much value for most people.

Once it gets at least 1 good game, then it's value will go up.
    I still haven't played any games on the system except for a couple demos, and a PS2 game. Heavenly sword needs to hurry the hell up.

18. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    "Nintendo Wii has been a successful enterprise, and a very good business model, compared with ours ... because it's cheaper," he said, adding there was "no question" consumers wanted a lower price.

Didn't have a damned thing to do with. Not for me anyway. Why am I gonna buy a $600 system, that doesn't have any games I want that I can't get on an exisisting system, and has some new dvd player that I could care less about? The Wii looks like more fun (and is), and good games that were just for it (or at least more fun on it), and has something new that none of the other systems have, the movement sensative controllers. I'm sorry, but Wii isn't selling 5 to 1 (as per the article) because of price, it's because Sony dropped the ball on the launch. If you launch a ship, don't leave port without an anchor. It's that simple.

19. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I'll only be excited for that when they manage to fix the system so that it wont break on almost every person who buys one.

As for the PS3 price cut, Im hoping to get one soon, but I was kinda holding out for the price cut anyway. Good news to hear.

And also, since price is a topic here, why is it that people will somehow justify 599 for an iPhone, but be outraged at a $599 PS3? I don't understand the logic there.

20. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Are new shipments still giving people problems? I assumed they ironed those out.