Sony Bravia Question?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by kenm2474, Mar 22, 2010.

1. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

With Sony making devices to inhance the TV like internet link. Dose anyone think its possible for Sony to release a Device which will give the HDTV 3D capability? My TV is internet ready but I still have a USB port open on the back for any other device.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't quote me on this. But I heard that TVs with 240Hz are basically 3D ready. Smasher might be the better person to answer that though.

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Existing TV's cannot be upgraded to the new 3D. They can display the old red/blue 3D, but not the polarized 3D that's being peddled now.

EDIT:
    The reason being though these TV's output at 120-240hz, they are only able to actually accept a 60hz signal. The 3D Blu-Ray players require a TV that can actually accept a higher bandwidth signal. The new TV's use hardware which allows them to actually accept signals at 120-240hz, instead of simply converting the existing 60hz signal.

4. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Highly unlikely. From just a hardware point, doubt it's possible. Also, why would they let you update an old TV, when they can get you to buy a brand new expensive one?

5. kenm2474

I heard a way to do it through your computer so it only makes sence that a device could be made to do it with out a PC.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  6. kenm2474

I just bought this TV 4 days ago.

7. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Computers have much more processing power than the hardware within a TV. Also, it depends on the 3D tech your computer is being upgraded to. Your current tv will not be able to accept the new 3D tech without some kind of external add-on to force the TV to accept a high bandwidth signal. And that type of hardware doesn't currently exist.

8. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    In Michael Jacksons 'This is it' movie, there's a shot of him previewing 3D footage on a normal looking TV. The glasses he appears to be wearing look like the real D 3D glasses that are used for Avatar. I'm hoping that this means normal TVs (and by 'normal' I mean 'mine') can be relatively easily converted.

Also, how does the frequency relate to polarized lenses? I thought polarized lenses are wavelength related?

Hmm. A trip to google I think.