Sontarians vs. Rutan Host (Transformers crossover)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Jan 16, 2019.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

If the Transformers got involved in this war who would the Autobots side with?

I specifically choose this war and not something else because both sides of it have been enemies of the Doctor so it's not as clear which side if any the Autobots would be likely to side with. Decepticons is also not as clear because again both sides are technically villains.

So we're basically trying to figure out if it would be Autobots and Sontarians vs. Decepticons and Rutan Host or Autobots and Rutan Host vs. Decepticons and Sontarans.

Personally I think the Autobots and Sontarans would be most likely to align with each other because even though the Sontarians are typically bad guys some of them like Strax have also been allies. They seem a little more reasonable unlike the more primal beast like Rutan Host who I don't think you can reason with. The Decepticons might align with them cause they can convert the energy they produce into Energon... wait did I say align... I meant enslave them and farm them for their electrical abilities.

I'm not sure if the classic era Rutan Host actually had electrical attacks but the ones in the Doctor Who video game from the Gunpowder Plot do. I've never actually seen the only episode they ever actually appeared in but I know they probably didn't look as good as they do in the video game because it's a classic era episode and they look like jelly fish.

2. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm a Doctor Who fan and I'd have a hard time commenting on this. We've only seen one encounter with Rutans in "Horror of Fang Rock". Even the modern series has ducked and weaved around the Rutans - a series that would be much more capable of handling them with CGI versus the old over-pane effect.

Hmmm...I don't think the Autobots would side with either. The Sontarans only align with other races when it's convenient with their military plans and only respect races that show strength. In that manner, the Sonatarans would probably side with the Decepticons first - although they'd quickly turn on them at the first sign of treachery. They'd find most Autobots more noble and admire their courage but believe them to be too weak. No, the Sonatarans would simply invade Cybertron and either die or use the husks for advanced weaponry.

The Rutans would probably do the same.

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

That's the only time they appeared on television but not the only time they've appeared in fiction. Like I said in my first post the Rutan Host have appeared in a Doctor Who video game with the 11th Doctor. They appeared as flying jellyfish and similarly shot out electrified stings from their tenticals which is why I thought of the idea of the Decepticons converting their electricity into Energon.