Sonscreen’s Toronto mintrip

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sonscreen, May 22, 2006.

1. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

I just came back today from a nice mintrip to Toronto. It’s a very nice town to visit, it’s like New York City without the crime, grime, and slime. I didn’t know it was Victoria’s Day weekend over there. Also there was the American Psychiatric Association conference there. I was wondering why a lot of hotels were already booked. Here’s my impressions with some pics at the end:

GOOD
    The first thing that struck me was how clean Toronto is. I’m impressed that the city separates the garbage for recycling. I love the transit system, it’s so clean and reliable (for most of the stations I saw anyway. The trolley cars rocks! I thought it was cool that the street vendors sold vegetarian hot dogs. The underground PATH shopping network was fun to navigate.

I think the most impressive thing about Toronto is the CN tower. It doesn’t seem to be functional building but my goodness the views are majestic!

BAD
    I know the US $ was falling but I had no idea it was that bad. The Canadian $ is almost on par with the USD. After the exchange rate fees, I actually wound up with less! The other bad thing is I am spoiled by New York City, so I couldn’t find anything nifty to buy. There were a few litterbugs too, but it’s nowhere near as bad as New York City.

I only saw one nudie bar, and that was near downtown Yonge. :p 

UGLY
    It was sad to see but I suppose that no big city can be without homeless people. I gave some leftovers from dinner to a homeless couple near Kensington Market and helped a vagabond with some coffee along downtown Yonge. Not sure why but I wasn’t expecting to see so many people down on their luck in Toronto.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I'll probably be in Toronto in about a week and a half, I'm looking forward to it.

3. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Well I hope you had a good experience in our fair city, hope some of the spots I pointed out to you were't to bad :lol 

4. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

glad you enjoyed the city...I still hate the TTC though(busses mainly they are usually late and make the same time I do on a bike at full speed.)

5. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

I recommend getting the unlimited subway passes either the daily or weekly if you like to run around cities.

Thanks for the tips! They were pretty easy to find. I didn't buy anything though. :D 

Sorry to hear that, the only bus I used was the 192 airport rocket.

6. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Toronto has a large homeless problem, tis true. It's a great city overall, but it needs improvement. I can guarantee you there are a lot more strip clubs than one, I can also tell you that most locals would not share this kind appraisal of the transit sytem. Especially after the wildcat strike tha happened last week.

However, it's home, and I love it. Especially the village of Parkdale!

7. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I'm getting a sim city vibe from those pictures.