2D Artwork: Sons of Cybertron

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Overhaulimus, May 8, 2011.

1. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Last night, me and one of my closest friends were talking about Transformers.

I'm an Optimus fanboy and he's a Rodimus fanboy, so we can get into some heated debates about the two leaders. Well last night was totally different, another friend brought up the subject of Animated so when I started talking about them bringing Rodimus into it at the end, my friend Thomas, who is the Rodimus fanboy, wanted to know more about. So I told him some of the stuff and then told him that I'd bring over my copies of Animated for him to watch it himself.

Well anyways, he was talking about how he looks at Rodimus and Optimus as brothers, not really but in a figurative sense and then he compared us, saying that we were figurative brothers and it's ironic that our two favorites TFs are Optimus and Rodimus. So I told him about the Animated and Classics Sons of Cybertron set.

So, this piece was done in Photoshop today because of that conversation.

[​IMG]

*All images came from TFwiki.*

Attached Files:

2. Optimus-wave

Optimus-wave A.K.A. Omega-Wave

nice i like the way each character is set and the autobot symbol on the matrix is really cool! Question: did you draw that pic of the matrix?

3. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    No, it's the art of the ShoutFactory DVD set of the entire G1 cartoon, I found it in an image search on Google.

4. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Your friend gives a good view on Optimus and Rodimus being spiritual brothers. I'm sure he'll appreciate the symbolism of this piece. I have an Animated Sons of Cybertron set myself.

5. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    He loved it once he saw it on Facebook.

I still need to get me both the Animated and the Classics Sons of Cybertron sets.