Sonokong

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by changepas39, Jun 30, 2009.

?

Buy the Sonokong figures or Not?

1. Yes...go for it!

39 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. No...save up the $$$!

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. changepas39

changepas39 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I was thinking of buying a few Transformers on ebay from RID. Well some are very expensive and my poor wallet just doesn't have it. But, I came along some that are from the same seller and says they are from Sonokong. I've read over the description and also an article from the link below.

Has anyone ever heard of these....would they be OK to go ahead and buy....or should I just be patient and let my wallet fill up and buy them over several months instead of over several weeks?

Sonokong - Transformers Wiki - Transformers 2, Animated, Toys

Thanks Guys!

2. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    personally i have the sonokong version of car robots brave maximus and he is fine...also owned the takara version and with both side by side they seemed equal in quality....

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Sonokong's TF products are basically Takara's toys in Korean packaging. The packaging is sometimes hit or miss, but the toys are identical, as far as I know. I got Brave Maximus and a bunch of Beast Wars II/Neo stuff that was released by Sonokong, and I have never regretted it for even half of a second.

4. Goshjosh95

Goshjosh95 Decepticon

News Credits:
    ^ This. I bought the Sonokong JRX (Rail Racer) and Black Convoy (Scourge) last year, and they're perfect. They're just the Korean release of legit Takara TFs. My two cents: Go for it... usually a great way to get long-unavailable toys for a decent price.

5. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only "Quality Control" issue is that they don't care about the character cards they put into the box. Usually each box will have 4-7 bio cards of all sorts of characters. You may actually not get the bio card for the toy you bought. :lol 

I have a ton of Sonokong stuff. I wouldn't have 1/2 my Beast Wars Neo or RID collection without them.

6. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    My last Sonokong buy was at Botcon, Baldigus. Tony B and I were talking about them at Botcon, he has nearly all of them and we agree with everyone else as to the quality. In fact, he has a gallery up here at ridforever.info.

7. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I still want Sonokong Carbot brothers giftset :( 
    It does exist, doesn't it? .....

8. Goshjosh95

Goshjosh95 Decepticon

News Credits:
    ^ This! Haha!

No prob with the Sonokong Black Convoy I bought... but the JRX/Rail Racer had 2 of the bio cards, but was missing the 3rd. I contacted the person who sold it to me, but we were both perplexed because the box was new & sealed (MISB). But the figures themselves were perfect.

9. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Oh yeah, that. The cards are also printed in a lower quality, on much lower quality cardboard, are sometimes sloppily cut, and I recall them being one-sided. Seeing as I'd settle for Takara-quality toys at reduced cost with no bio-cards at all, I tend to overlook this entirely.

10. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    It's shown on the RIDforever page I linked, along with a Spychangers six-pack that caught my eye.

11. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I have a Sonokong RID Fortress Maximus and some of the BW Neo verses sets and I have no problems with any of them...

12. Napjr

Napjr Mr. Internet Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I got several stuff last month:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/235205-good-price-korean-microman-magne-power.html#post3660969

And ive had some others for years

Quality is the same as your Takara stuff, maybe a loose joint or two, but nothing that nail polish cant solve. Otherwise is the same

Also, some select figures had different paint apps from what i can recall (Fire Convoy for example, had different lettering on the side of the cab). And they use the last usable mold available from either Hasbro or Takara (Black Convoy shares his mold with Scourge, rounded Sword & factionless disks, Baldigus comes with the shorter Dolrailer rifle)

Finally, the boxes usually are very good with the artwork used or the designs, however, they are extremely big for the contents inside. Its not uncommon to open a figure and find everything loose inside (but at least, complete), unlike the compact japanese boxes

13. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Sonokong Black Convoy has the pointed sword and faction symbols on the disks.

14. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Sonokong have been known to make changes to their molds further down the line (Raijinoh having no chrome and paint changes to Super Guardion etc.). Maybe you got a earlier release?

15. Napjr

Napjr Mr. Internet Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Hmmm weird, i remember reading about it when the CR were released in Korea from various members

16. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i have been tempted many times to buy some of these figures from Toy arena, he got some decent prices (hell i got my g1 prime reissue from him and i am a happy camper lol). if only he would get the RID brave max one ugh

17. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've never bought any Sonokong TFs, but I have bought several of their Brave releases and as everyone else has said the quality is spot on.