Sonicron Tweaks?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by zeroomegazx, Apr 18, 2012.

1. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    Just picked up 2 sonicrons with the BBTS sale and I'm looking for suggestions on tweaks for him. My joints ar emostly tight I just have a problem with his left arm sliding up and locking into his body by his hand with that little tab, it seems that the hole is too small. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Overall im very happy with him for this price.

2. zeroomegazx

News Credits:
    well i just took an exacto knife and widened the hole a tiny bit and now his arm locks in perfect. Only issue i have with him now is one of his leg panels is too springy and pops out a bit in tape player mode.

3. zeroomegazx

News Credits:
    Well in case anyone cares to see how I fared his is a shot and his twin ready for display on my classics shelf when I get home

Attached Files:

4. Gundamben831

Gundamben831 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    ^looks good to me man i have mine on display with the two minion tape sets surrounding him :) 

5. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I used Future polish to tighten up ball joints and other hinges and stuff that were loose as hell on mine, along with sanding down some surfaces, gluing the springs in the codpiece to their perspective nub they attatched to, and sanded the aforementioned piece to make his arm slide into it in tape mode. I replaced the ball joint on his head...but being as it was the last thing I did, I was a bit overzealous and ended up breaking the new balljoint off into the g1ish head...and still can't get it out lmao. Everything else is good as gold now. Just headless. I found that the hand joint for ROTF Hoist's hands is almost a perfect fit, but it's a bit tight. I did find a suitable replacement that is a perfect fit though, in TFTM Jetstorm's neck joint. Now if only I could either a) get that balljoint outta my head or b) find someone with an extra g1ish head they wanna get rid of...

6. zeroomegazx

News Credits:
    for like a dollar or 2 you can get a small tool that looks like a tiny long corkscrew that is used for *drilling* into nails and stuff. Ive used it to screw into plastic pieces that have broken off and pull them out of their holes. check the small tools section near a computer tool area and you should be able to find one.

7. jerminator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Thanks. I'll have to see if I can find one. Any idea what it's called? On another note, after seeing Sonciron paired with Device Label Blaster and seeing how their overall shapes and sizes are so similar in bot mode, I'm going to have to get myself one of those now as well.

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    G1ish head? Does he come with two heads?

9. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Yeah it does.

Mine is waiting for me when I get home. Hopefully mine is like yours with minimal issues.

10. jerminator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah. One that's vaguely G1ish and the other that is I guess a nod to Cybertron Soundwave.

11. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I was a big fan of this toy, love the alt. mode, skip the submarine mode haha.

Personally I don't pull his hips out of the body in robot mode, I just feel it looks better. He poses well with Device Label Blaster as they both have the rectangular body shape. Great toys.