Sonic the Hedgehog Reboot?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by ShiroPrime, Mar 21, 2011.

1. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

Hey all, like I've said a thousand times, I've been living under a rock since February. Somehow today, I've stumbled upon news that Archie Comics is planning on rebooting the Sonic ongoing. Because of the fucking internet filter I'm subject to (I can't even acess anything in this website that says movie), I can't check this link on my own...

Newsarama.com : SONIC Attacks Continuity Issues with June's 'GENESIS' REBOOT

Someone please give me the lowdown and the lot of you (that gives a damn) what do you think about all this? I used to love reading this series when I was younger, but it got too strange for my tastes around the 50 mark, and I dropped the series altogether around 125. Depending on what I hear, I might pick this up again.

2. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not much in the way of solid info, so not sure what to make of it yet. Always liked the Archie continuity thanks to it's links to SatAM so if that goes I'll be a sad panda.

3. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

Ah, so rather canceling the ongoing in favor of a new series, they are pressing forward but doing big-time changes. Clever, I'll have my eye on what's to come. While I don't care for SatAM, it does hold a particular spot in my heart for being the factor that got me into Sonic the Hedgehog in the first place, kinda feeling a BIT torn on this. Thanks Omnius for the info.

4. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    While I liked the Archie comics, I've found it incredibly hard to get into now with it having so many of its own unique characters and relationships I know nothing about. A reboot may be enough for me to start reading Sonic properly.

The UK Sonic comic will always be the best to me though.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The Archie continuity has been an utter mess for some time now. Long gone are the days of great stories like Super Sonic versus Hyper Knuckles, Death Egg Saga and Mecha Madness. Bring on the reboot.

6. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

Heh, I remember those issues. While they were extremely loose adaptions of the games. They were still fun to read. I couldn't make heads or tails of what was happening in the last issue I took a peek at back in August.

7. 009*

009* That Guy In Nebraska

News Credits:
    I've glanced through some of the recent books, and there is a possibility that this reboot will be magically induced.

8. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

fixed

9. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

Speaking of Mecha Madness I've had a thought recently and hoped "the Internet" could help me with it! I'm looking for someone who
    has a hand with 3D rendering? I'm looking for someone who could make a mock up Of MECHA Sonic/Knuckles! All Ive seen on the net has been some poorly done figures mods or some lego creations, but I made something simular from Sculpty YEARS ago and now want one a lil but more professional. HELP! If you'd like I can Start a thread about this but this one already mentioned M.Madness so yah! I believe in you guys this is the best fandom I've seen creatively, I mean hell we have professional companys making figures from scratch because the parent company's WON'T!

TFans/Shapeways Dont fail me now!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]