Sonic the Hedgehog Poll Part II

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by UltraMagnus3786, Feb 4, 2010.

?

What's you favorite "G2" Sonic game?

Poll closed Feb 11, 2010.
  1. Sonic Advance

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Sonic Advance 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sonic Advance 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sonic Rush

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. Sonic Rush Adventure

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

With Project Needlemouse on the horizon, I'd like to figure out what everyone's favorite Sonic game is. There's vast disagreement over how a sonic game should be handled, and disagreement over what the core gameplay is. Some emphasize pure running like the Sonic of the Genesis days. However upon actually playing these games, you'll find there's significant platforming and it's less about speed. Some emphasize a slower adventure that focuses on exploring. Sonic adventure comes to mind here. Others prefer to have a robust character selection with altering modes of play, a la Sonic Heroes.

In a series of polls, I'll pit games from a certain "Generation" against each other, and then the winners will duke it out from there. I will also state my own position on these games, having played most of them. For the purposes of the poll, "specialty" games like Sonic Spinball or Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine will be excluded. Each poll will close in about a week.

So without further ado, please vote for your favorite "G2" Sonic game and sound off your reasons below.

Note: These games are termed 'G2' because they take the basic core Genesis gameplay and update the visuals for handheld systems. Dark Brotherhood however doesn't really fit into any of the categories of the varying core Sonic gameplay that I'm proposing. However, its relatively high score and its originality for this series warrants its inclusion SOMEwhere in these polls. Even though I've only read reviews, I think there's potential for this type of Sonic game, although it shouldn't become the standard by any means.

Here's the tread for Part I: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/video-games-technology/290244-sonic-hedgehog-poll-part-i.html

2. UltraMagnus3786

I personally have not played any of the handheld games so I can't speak from experience. I've only heard good things about the handheld games though, especially Sonic Rush. I wish I could get them in emulator on my comp... perhaps one day they'll all be released on the virtual console or WiiWare. Until then, youtube videos will have to do =(

Can anyone provide seasoned experience with any of these games?

3. Andrew28b

Andrew28b Nemesis custom

sure ive played em all. Sonic advance is a nostalgic game. With elements from sonic's good ol days. Sonic Advance 2, is sonic with the speed element. Sonic moved at a faster speed then previous title, and boss fights were awesome. Sonic played keep up with the boss driving in reverse with one of sonics captured buddies. Sonic Advance 3 was basically a somewhat based off Sonic Heroes. The buddy system was introduced granting sonic and a tag along friend. Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure are the most rewarding sonic hand-helds ever. It has the speed element that every hardcore sonic fan has wanted, awesome music and the special stages in Sonic Rush, are the same as Sonic 2's. Sonic Chronicles is just a meh RPG. Nothing really special.

4. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I havent played any of these, but something tells me that the original group from your last poll were better.

5. UltraMagnus3786

hah I think so too.

I wonder what the numbers are for sonic fans who only own consoles, vs those who only own handhelds, vs those who had a console first then bought a handheld, vs those who owned a handheld first then bought a console.

I'd imagine most fans own just consoles first, followed by those who crossed over to the handheld market.

6. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Sonic Rush, but then I've only played the first Advance game and the 2 rush ones.