Sonic & Knuckles now on XBLA

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Boardwise, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The final Mega Drive (or Genesis for those elsewhere) platform game with the blue hedgehog has now been added to XBLA, for 400 MS points:
    Xbox LIVE Marketplace | Sonic & Knuckles

But, 'so what' I hear you ask, 'I already have that in numerous collections.'

Well that might be true, but for the first time since it's initial release (or until someone proved me wrong) there will be the ability to connect to Sonic 3 to play the whole complete game as it was intended.

And in addition to that, it also comes with the ability to connect to Sonic 1 for the blue sphere game and Sonic 2 to have Knuckles show up in that.
    Sonic & Knuckles Releasing on XBLA September 9

Probably going to grab this myself as I loved the Sonic games on the Mega Drive and the 2D games were the best that Sonic had..... still next year he returns to his 2D routes.

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

The collections for Gamecube, PS2 and Xbox featured the lock on feature. You had to unlock them though.

You do need the previous games to use the lock on function for the XBLA release.

I completley forgot it was coming out today, I'll have to grab some points and get it. Sonic 3 + Knuckles was my favorite of the Sonic games and I already have all of the other Sonic games on XBLA.

I wonder if the debug code will actually work as well. The previous releases blocked you from using the actual game's menus, thus blocking the debug cheats. S&K's debug menu cheat is entered in the first stage.

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    So the game is not on the Ultimate Genesis\Mega Drive collection and you have to have the XBLA games to stack them?
    I may buy the game by itself -and I loved the stacking feature back in the day.
    But, I don't know that I want to double dip to get it.

4. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

S&K is on the collection but it does not have the S2/S3 + Knuckles lock on feature or the S1/Blue Sphere game. The director says they didn't have the budget or time.

Yes you will need S1, S2 and/or S3 for XBLA to use the + Knuckles lock on features. The Sonic Mega Collection Plus is on the BC list, a cheap alternative. You have to play S2 and Sonic Spinball 20 times each to unlock Knuckles in S2 and play S3 and S&K 20 times each to unlock S3+K. Starting the game and exiting will count.

I really wish I could find S&K in a box. I have Sonic 2 and 3 in the cases for Genesis and a few places around me have copies of Sonic 1 in the case.

5. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I had Sonic and Knuckles in a box back when I still had a Genesis...........then my mother had to go and give it all away.

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Thanks!

I have the Mega Collection.

7. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sonic Jam for the Saturn also let you connect them. I have about 5 different sonic collections and yet I will still get this- I don't think I can ever get enough of the 16-bit sonics.

8. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Lock-on? Sold!