Sonic Intro scene PS3

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Futureruleroftheuniverse, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Futureruleroftheuniverse

Futureruleroftheuniverse Well-Known Member

Hi every1,
    I got the sonic PS3 game, erm with the intro the sound appears a bit screwed... is it just 'cause of my TV? everything else works except the intro, the audio is extremely screwed as hell JUST for the intro. Got Enchanted Arms, decided to get it, and the sound there works.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

No idea, the game is pretty awful regardless, so it comes as no surprise at all XD

3. Futureruleroftheuniverse

Futureruleroftheuniverse Well-Known Member

lol... I got it thinking it'll be good... went on IGN and saw 4.2/10 o_O 
    getting F.E.A.R now lol

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Hahah! I think you'll have more fun that way.

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Sonic the Hedgehog for my 360 is by far the worst game I have EVER played.
    It wouldn't surprise me at all if there were issues with the PS3's intro and Sega shipped it anyway.

Hell, there is a bridge in Soleanna that you can't even walk across super slowly with out the camera going into spasms. In Crisis City there are areas where you are on rails and required to hit a springboard to go onto the next area, yet half the time you don't register contact with the springboard and Sonic plummets to his doom.

Even when the game is not glitching out, you never see 75% of what you need to attack.

My six-year-old gave up on the game when he spent 20 minutes on a level where you can see the door in front of you, but every time you jump towards it the camera spins around and he would either miss the platform he was jumping to, or land on it and walk off it.

Of course, Sega could actually offer a patch for download that fixes some or all of these issues, but instead they have bonus missions you can spend more money on. Thanks, Sega! :thumb 

6. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    I will never buy a Sonic game again. not unless it gets reviews through the roof and every single person I know tells me its good.

Sonic Team has not turned in a good console game in close to a decade.

Sonic Rush on DS was fun though, I will say that. But it was basically just a sequel to Sonic Advance and those are more or less like the genesis games with new levels.

7. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I think that Sega should realize that if you have to adjust the camera every two seconds then the game needs to be redesiged.

I accepted the camera problems on Sonic Adventure on my DC back in the 99 because that was the first 3D Sonic game.

I think it is disgusting to have a Sonic game come out in 2007 that has far worse camera implementation.

Then they have some of the worst game design choices I have ever seen.
    Tails' attack? Wow -that was a good idea to have Tails' "attack" have almost the same animation and sound as when Tails gets hit. It was an even better idea in Crisis City that when Sonic runs from the fire tornado (which you never see) that the game suddenly removes your ability to change trajectory in the air. Someone actually though that was a good idea?

And while I am wasting time on this rant, does the PS3 version also have inconclusive goals reached? For instance, when you first take control of Tails, Sonic is riding the Orca's dorsal fin. Tails is supposed to lock a gate.
    However, as Tails I never actually see any gate. I never press a button to lock anything, and I certainly never see a cut scene of Tails doing anything. I just know if I fly by one particular cliff Sonic will go "Thanks Tails. You saved me".

It just makes me so mad because Sonic games used to be the best.
    They still could be.