Sonic Colors- Super Mario Glaxy 3?!?!?! - No, still just Sonic. Cycle anew.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Radioactive Ravage, May 26, 2010.

1. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Yeah. Um. I saw this and I was like... what...?

The sensible person that lies within me is telling me "What the hell. This is the dumbest shit I've ever seen, especially with SEGA's track record with Sonic Games." But the other part of me that is a giddy, senseless Sonic fanboy squeals with glee, as I get to add another console title to my collection. I'm so confused. However, Sonic 4 seems to be a step in the right direction, so perhaps this will be as well.

[UPDATE: NP Teaser, New Art]Sonic Colours Announced For Wii & DS The Sonic Stadium

2. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Okay, why was Super Mario Galaxy 3 put in the title? I don't get it.

At first, I was thinking "There's Sonic colors in Galaxy 3?"

Then I was "Oh, maybe it's a sonic themed Wii."

When I finally checked it out, it's a new Sonic game... which seems redundant with 4 around.

But anyways, why is SMG3 being mentioned? Just for people to notice this thread?

3. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Probably because this game seems to be dealing with sonic rescuing aliens, and the Mario Galaxy games are based in space... Okay, probably not a good comparison right now seeing as there's ZERO game footage from Sonic Colours, but still...

Can't make any comment right now though, wanna wait for actual game footage. ^^;

4. Radioactive Ravage

Because it's literally Sonic's answer to Super Mario Galaxy. A "space theme park" with Sonic running around on different planets, not to mention the cute alien firends. I thought it was obvious.

5. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

^That still doesn't make any sense whatsoever as to why you're putting "Super Mario Galaxy 3" in the title.

Honestly, my expectations for a Sonic game are so abysmally low these days that I just can't get excited for this.

6. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

Since this is a sonic game WHY didn't you just say something about sonic in the title instead about Super Mario Galaxy 3 for which DOES NOT EXIST, but to me its just as someone said, to get the thread noticed.

7. Radioactive Ravage

Wow, okay. I guess my topic title making skills are terrible. Chill the hell out.

8. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

I'm sure if you request it nicely our gracious mods will correct the thread title, 'cause the Super Mario Galaxy 3 thing is needlessly confusing (also misspelled).

9. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I wasn't mad or anything just sayin that it should have been titled right instead of SMG 3 bein put in the title. Thats all I am saying.

10. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Woah, I nearly got a heartache, because I thought there would be a new Mario game with Sonic in it!

11. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

not sure if the thread title has already been changed, but the unnecessary hate for the inclusion of "super mario galaxy 3" in the title is unnecessary. The "Sonic" in the title should've tipped you off that something was up, as well as the multiple question marks and exclamation points. On behalf of the OP, I'm sorry it took you all of 2 seconds to realize this, and that those 2 seconds are now lost forever. add to that however long it took to write up posts criticizing the OP's thread title.

::ahem::

Anyway, back to the issue at hand-- the game seems gimmicky with each different wisp giving sonic a different power. I mean, drilling through the ground? Turning into a laser and zipping through the level? Planet hopping? This really is taking some cues from Mario-- about 3 years too late. I guess I'll have to wait until reviews come out, but until then Sonic 4 will feed my addiction.

Here's some info from sega:
    SEGA Europe Blog | Introducing… Sonic Colours!

12. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    Some info on the game from Nintendo Power:

- developed for the younger crowd
    - developed by the 'storybook' team (Secret Rings, Black Knight)
    - storybook franchise has been killed off, following poor sales of Sonic and the Black Knight
    - not a huge learning curve
    - marketed to general, mainstream Wii owners
    - early press hands-on seem positive
    - Tail's playability may only be available in multiplayer
    - pointing/touching of in-game items
    - may have some gameplay elements that liken it to Super Mario Galaxy
    - playable at E3

Yeah...
    :confused2 

13. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

^ Yeah. Definitely low expectations for me.

14. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Sounds more like Sonic Megaman to me... but I fully expect this one to tank, too. My only hope is the DS version is being developed by Dimps that handled the only good Sonic games since the Dreamcast, the Advance and Rush series.

You know maybe if Sonic Team would focus on one Sonic game at a time, one of them might turn out to be good for a change. He's had so many spinoffs and side games lately I cant even tell what the main series is anymore.