Sonic 4: Episode 2 on the way? Ties in with Sonic CD?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Smasher, Dec 9, 2011.

1. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Without popping either in for an exact comparison, I do remember Generations Sonic getting an extra "hop" when he jumps on enemies, as in he bounces higher than the Genesis games. No biggie there. I thought there were also some acceleration issues. But, it could be that my mind is fuzzy, it could be my mind playing tricks with the updated graphics, or it could be the crappy Xbox controller D-pad. NOBODY makes a Dpad like Sega, so I envy you using a Saturn USB ;) 

So the verdict on Episode 2 is that it's good? It's been getting mixed reviews online.

2. UltraMagnus3786

Whom am I kidding. I love Sonic games and will probably buy this no matter what.

3. PaladinVance

PaladinVance Watch your step.

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Sky Fortress 1 is the first time I have ever cursed out the timing behind the homing attack

4. Red Snarl

Red Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish episode metal was longer.

5. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Played a bit more and I still like it, though there are a some snags they could have worked out. The levels go along at a good pace until suddenly they slam you with a part that they know will take some lives away. Metal Sonic, when you fight him as a boss, also changes his pattern after 5 hits that is almost guaranteed to kill you at least the first time. There is also a part where, if you don't go fast enough, your path is blocked. That's generally ok when the screen is moving on its own and you are trying to avoid getting crushed or something like that. But, in this situation, if your path is blocked your only options are to drown yourself (its under water) or commit suicide on spikes that are nearby. Little things like that felt a little... under tested and rushed, but it's still better then Episode 1 and has less cheap deaths then Generations. It is more generous with rings and free lives then previous recent sonics, so I haven't actually lost all my lives yet. I also like getting multiple worlds to choose from after finishing the first.

6. Bumblebee028

Bumblebee028 Technobot Prime

News Credits:
    So I tried going for the whole "Beat Egg Heart without getting damaged and get a free eggman avatar jacket." as well as "Beat all the bosses with Super Sonic.

-Forgot to go super
    -Losing my shield counts as damage.

D:

BB28

7. UltraMagnus3786

the music in this game sucks. I never thought I'd say I'd prefer the dreamcast SA 1 and 2 music over anything, but please Sega next time hire a real composer.

8. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    ...You do know who the game's composer is right?

9. UltraMagnus3786

Hahah thanks for pointing that out, I actually didn't know it was the same guy. Well I see it like this: I'm not a big fan of Jun Senoue's music at all. I think if he's going to do Sonic tunes though, he should stick to the rock music. His stuff for these two Sonic 4 games sounds like canned music you'd hear off a Tiger handheld game.

10. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I also don't enjoy the music of 4. It feels weak. Nothing like the music on the gen. Needs the good old gen bass.

11. UltraMagnus3786

Anyone beat the Metal Sonic stages? I finally beat the last boss and got all the emeralds. Is the Metal Sonic stuff even worth it?

12. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    It meh. It just 4 levels with the some what new physics.