2D Artwork: Sonar - Original Fan Character

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by GrungeWerX, Jan 8, 2009.

1. GrungeWerX

GrungeWerX Well-Known Member

Here's another awesome original character created by Haloson from Deviantart.

Bio is below:

Name: Sonar

Faction:Autobot

Height: 15'

Motto: "I have speed, skills and most important of all, slaggin' good looks!"

Alt Mode: Bugatti Veyron (Max. Speed: 253 MPH)

Personality:
    Sonar is a rather laid-back character with a wicked sense of humor, sarcasm and a sharp wit. He’s somewhat vain, can get annoyed easily and has quite a temper if provoked enough, but he is fiercely loyal and protective of those he cares about. In battle he can come off as a bit arrogant, especially when he taunts the opposition and this tends to get him into a whole heap of trouble. Though he takes his role and duty seriously, he likes to goof around and show off when he gets the chance, especially in his Veyron alt mode.

Tools/Weapons: Sonar has average strength, incredible speed and a well-developed sense of combat with very good hand-to-hand fighting skills. He also has two very valuable abilities; he can see any and every kind of light spectrum and hear every kind of sound/noise wave within a 100 mile radius in every direction around whatever point he stands in. As such, his audio ‘fins’ aid his CPU in being able to distinguish and discriminate vast amounts of data and filter out anything that is useful to him at any given time or situation. In battle, Sonar sometimes carries a gun that fires electrical discharge pulses, though if in a pinch he has a laser rifle hidden in his left arm.

Strengths: Sonar has a big advantage over opponants with his fighting skills and abilities; there are few that can sneak up on him unawares. His alt mode is fast and he has excellent control of such speed even if he's being pursued by Decepticons or anyone else.

Weaknesses: He relies too much on his abilities so when he is caught off guard, it really throws him for a loop. With his tendency to be over-confident on occassions, especially in battle, he can lose sight of himself and ends up in bigger trouble than what he started with and others have to get him out of it. He cannot stay at the top speed his alt mode allows for any length of time, because it isn't very fuel efficient.

To view more Transformers art, visit the-GEARSMITH on deviantART

[​IMG]

2. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Awesome! Love the knees - spiky knees of DEATH, that is. Interesting take on the standard "hood to chest, legs from rear, arms from somewheres" transformation.

3. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Damn, I love ur work, I wish I could create something like this.

4. GrungeWerX

GrungeWerX Well-Known Member

Thanks so much! :D 

5. nightbolt

nightbolt Lead Farmer

Sonar is a BW character, unless this is a G1 version.

6. Kixx.™

Kixx.™ Dancing 'round ze Maypole

Beautiful designn.

7. New Soundwave

New Soundwave SUXXOR

Wow. very impressive.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    As others have said, I really like the design of this character. You never cease to amaze. :) 

9. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Amazing piece.

10. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Digital art monkey

Liking the somewhat-Japanese styling of his head, and the fact that his alt-mode is a Veyron = :rock 

Awesome, like always. :thumb 

11. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

I thought Sonar was one of the Star Saber minicons. Anyway, he looks very dynamic. Nice work. I kind of get a Cybertron Smokescreen vibe from him.