Something very interesting....

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Autobot_Wall-E, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

There was a thread here a little while ago about what if there was a special edition or some extra version of the game or preorder bonus other than what was announced. Someone suggested it comes with an exclusive toy. People said that was stupid.

Then yesterday, Dante's Inferno came out. The special editon of that came with a bunch of things but among them was a colletible action figure of the main character.

Here is an unboxing video to show it: YouTube - Release Day 2-9-10

WARNING: This guy likes to curse a lot. If you are offended by course language, you have been forewarned.

Skip to 4:07 if you want to skip the random talking (he rambles about his day and other randomness) but it shows his reaction to getting a toy with his new video game (it's positive).

So maybe it would work to get an exclusive collectible toy with the NEW face of Transformers and can be worth a lot later (make a limited amount)

Thoughts?

2. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Marketing mostly at kids, Hasbro rarely sets a toy aside for promotional purposes unless it's a retool or redeco.

One way they could do it is make it a "preview" toy, releasing it packed with the game before it hits retail with something distinguishing it from later releases such as battle damage deco.

3. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Maybe a Legends Class fig? I would like that as a preorder bonus MUCH more than a skin or design in-game. Tangible bonuses are much better, IMO.

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That might have been me. It was the first thing that came to mind when Hasbro said they’d consider making toys based on War for Cybertron.

Or they could have a special toy not made for regular purchase via the game—they’ve already created a special line. What if Shockwave were that figure? …though if you want to go the redeco/color route, I suppose Skywarp/Thundercracker are more likely…

5. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I'd pay extra for a Special Edition if it came with an exclusive Deluxe Shockwave.

6. ROTF Sideswipe

ROTF Sideswipe Scientist

I think it would be cool to put one in there.