Something that worries me in the trailer...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tr4nce, May 28, 2007.

1. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    Ok, so I was wondering. We all know by now that Bumblebee has two forms in the movie. An older version Camaro and a 2008 version Camaro.

This is my point:

We all know, because of the second trailer that the first time that Optimus makes himself known to Spike and Mikaela, is the part in the movie where we see Optimus transform from the back. BUT, Bumblebee is in 2008 mode here, in that same shot.

Does that mean it will be taking a very long time in the movie before Bumblebee meets up with Optimus and the rest? :( 
    Do you know what I mean?

Here's the shot I'm talking about.

[​IMG]

2. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

Sam and Mikaela meet up with the bots about half way through the film.

Spoiler

BB changes modes after the fight w/ barricade and having revealed himself to the humans. Mikaela says "If you can reformat your self why pick such a junker?" BB promtply ejects the two out of him and proceeds to "updating" himself.

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I haven't read much on what happens, but I think BB reformats to the 08 somewhat early-ish, though don't quote me on that.

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Or what he said >_>

5. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

I hope in the flick they don't do some sort of gleamy slow-mode reveal of BB's new alt mode. Like the Product placement woun't be stingy enough.

6. Hakudoushi

Fixed. :p 

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    *cough* Of course, that's what I meant.

Thanks for the correction though.

8. Hakudoushi

lol. No prob.

9. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

It looks like BB does reformat himself before Sam meets Prime and the other bots. Which I find kinda weird. I mean this is how I imagined it. Throughout the entire movie BB has the old camaro form and the at the end of the movie when the world's saved, BB gets an upgrade to a more modern form, and gets his voice fixed at the same time. That makes sence to me.
    But if Bumblebee has the power to just update himself on a whim, that sounds waaay too easy. You'd think fixing a voice box is easier than altering your molecular structure to imitate other forms. It makes more sence to me that Bumblebee gets his upgrade at the end of the movie as well as having his voice restored at the same time. (I didn't read the leaked script so this is all speculation)
    That bothers me, because that could be bad storytelling. I'm beginning to accept the lack of good character designs, but if the story's bad too....
    Well...we'll see.

10. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Maybe he has to upgrade after getting his ass kicked.

11. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Well that's fine. But is his voice fixed as well? Might as well if he's on the operating table.

12. emo_transformer

emo_transformer Well-Known Member

um i think he reformates himself cause of the feet thing in the tralier cause of his feet being torn off he must find the newer model and he must get his voice back then as well ......

13. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Perhaps "reformatting" is as easy to them as changing clothes is to us (and similar), but like us, they can't alter deeply internal parts, like voice boxes.

Just a thought.

14. emo_transformer

emo_transformer Well-Known Member

i think maybe after he get ass kicked he ends up in the government place and then sam and the girl ??? um.. help him to escape and as he escapes he passes the new model and formates into it and then he get his voice back some how???

15. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

It's not a bad thought, but for me it takes away some believability. It's like from Beast Machines. 'Are they organic, or are they robotic' And Beast Machines rubbed me the wrong way too as much as this this movie is. The idea of reformating on a whim just seems too easy, and I hope that's not the case. But on July 4th we'll find out.

16. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

He loses his foot? I'm going to have see the trailer again.

17. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the part I can't quite figure out. If reformatting is so easy, you'd imagine they'd transform into something different practically every time, to whatever suited their purpose. Megatron flies off, so Prime reformats himself into a jet and flies after him... that just doesn't work.

I hope that they make the reformat more difficult. Something that's not easy for the robots to do, that's "painful" (as much as robots can feel pain), that drains them and leaves them vulnerable. Maybe this is why Bumblebee is taken by Sector 7 so easily without putting up a huge fight, maybe they attack him right after his reformat, where he's weakened.

That would make more sense.

18. longstickln

longstickln Active Member

he gets the upgrade to the '09 camaro pretty early in the movie, pretty much when they first discover hes an autobot

19. Evan Goldsborough

Evan Goldsborough Freelance Negotiator

Well, you know, updating from Camero to Camero is going to be A LOT easier than say, updating from truck to jet. Same basic design.

20. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

here's an idea:if you really want the guaranteed true story early,read idw's adaptation or alan dean foster's novelization.