something that has bothered me about the allspark

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by ssjautobot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    something ive always wondered..

the allspark in animated gives transformers life. but, during the great war they launched the allspark through a space bridge to hide it from the decepticons. so thousands (maybe millions) of years passed without the allspark, but they continued to create transformers with sparks, so long that in fact that the allspark becomes a legend. so how can they give life to transformers without it? and why do they need it (besides the fact of how powerful it can make a transformer)

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    1) we dont know how old they all actually are
    2) maybe the allspark made protoforms, which were stored somewhere, and get activated every once in a while for new Bots and Cons
    3) maybe they somehow bypassed it? like with Omega Supreme, i doubt hes Allspark made.

EDITT:: and they dont need it.but whoever has it can use it for nearly whatever they want.

3. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

I think the AllSpark just created the first life and showed the Transformers how to make new life. I think it's really a deity to them, one that can be used for total conquest, etc, etc. But that's a good question, I suppose we really don't know how new protoforms are given life without the AllSpark.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I think the Allspark is the original source of Cybertronian life, but by no means the only means through which new Cybertronians can come into being. Without going into religious stuff, it's just like the God theory; while God created man, man can reproduce on their own, too, and they're now resorting to stuff like cloning and in vitro fertilization and so on.

5. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    The allspark is more of an origin than how new transformers are created.

After all there are male and female bots.....and when a daddy-bot and a mummy-bot love each other very much....yadda yadda yadda.

anyway from what we've seen of the allspark it gives life to any old junk pile...literally in some cases, and we've heard of (and now seen) protoforms...but seeing as only Prowl seemed to have an idea about the 'liquid metal bodies' they might not be all that common. Bumblebee and Wasp talk about being made form the same mould and we've now seen Bots being built in a lab (the Omegas) so there may be lots of ways new bots come into being

6. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

:sly2: 

No. I don't think so.

7. drrockso20

drrockso20 Well-Known Member

don't forget budding:yuck 

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Honestly speaking? I think male and female Transformers CAN reproduce. I've posted this theory of mine elsewhere on this site before, but hell, I'll repost:

9. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Hmm. I had an idea, like the second method once, Nachtsider, but I never thought it through enough to figure out how it would actually happen and what you planned out about it. I really do like that idea.

10. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Hmm. I had an idea, like the second method once, Nachtsider, but I never thought it through enough to figure out how it would actually happen and what you planned out about it. I really do like that idea. I suppose it also explains why some 'bots have familial relationships.

Agh, sorry for the double post. My internet messed up. D8

11. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Ah I see, this is a concept known as a 'joke'. this usually takes the form of a comment or short story with the intention of causing 'Humour'

This post however is something else known as 'sarcasm'

12. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Sorry. No need to get all hurtful.

13. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    I'm not...i'm trying to be funny

14. StarscreamKills

StarscreamKills TF Shrink

Ebay:
    Trying to stay within TFA's world and the language games used by the characters, the All Spark seems to have some form of divinity in creation and oddly is also somehow connected to death...

[characters say something like, "Is this the well of All Spark?" when they cheat death like O. Prime & Starscream when he first gets that piece in his head - probably the best thing ever that got into his head!!!]

...which I think is a good, savvy move by the writers to allow viewers (& their parents) to read into the All Spark whatever they want (i.e., it's purely a mechanical thing or God or Brahman or whatever), which is a great dodge to let them do what they want, namely tell their story! Also the All Spark allows for indeterminacy/curve balls which has resulted in resurrections of O. Prime, Megs, SS, BB, and (I really hope!) Blurr.

When they said in the intro movie to season one that the All Spark was a powerful weapon I had an instant free association of this: "The Ark of the Covenant" from the first Indiana Jones with those pictures of the Ark shooting bolts out of it and level the Hebrews enemies. Being power, it could be harnessed for good or ill depending on the owners. Sort of like how the Skyboom Shield + Star Saber + Requiem Blaster can combine to form the Hydra Canon...or maybe all the clean energy that episode one, season one of Energon could ever want!

The All Spark is also LOTR-like in that it makes choices about persons like Sari getting a special key and also choosing O. Prime & co. to be its caregivers/stewards. But then again, this last paragraph could be MY "read-in" I mentioned earlier as I'm biased by my Judeo-Christian background. Tricky, very tricky...:confused: 

15. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

I was being sarcastic. xD

16. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

I hope that if Blurr isn't resurrected by the AllSpark (like StarscreamKills, others and I hope. xD), that near the end of the series/season, the AllSpark has been put back together again and it shows everyone the spirits- sparks, I suppose- of Blurr,
    Prowl
    and any others that die this season, Decepticons and Autobots alike. It would be sort of a nice, heartwarming moment, to have everyone get a short reunion with their fallen friends.

17. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I could imagine them doing that, but, I think with cons it would look a bit silly. I doubt though they would go the Beast Machines route in showing the spark moving on, as when that was done it was sort of the passing of the torch to Cheetor, when he saw Primals spark. Perhaps Ultra Magnus floating away with Optimus looking on if he does become the next Magnus.

18. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Hmm, I wasn't really thinking of it like that. I was just thinking, like, the AllSpark is whole and okay again, they see all the people who died while the AllSpark was broken flowing into it. Or something. I dunno.