something that doesnt make sense...(spoilers in you havn't seen S1 finale)

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by LordShockwave, Feb 19, 2012.

1. LordShockwave

LordShockwave Harold of Power.

News Credits:
    In "one shall rise part 3" ratchet states that orion journied to the core of cybertron to reverse the ill affects that MEGATRON created (keep in mind that orion doesn't. have the matrix yet) and apparently once optimus losses his memory he forgets everything after he received the matrix. So if this is the case, wouldn't optimus (now orion) remember that megatron waged war on the autobots and poised cybertron to its core because at that point in history he still didn't have the matrix and was still orion pax.

2. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was a bit of speculation I recall reading about that. It suggested that even though Orion didn't get the Matrix until he reached the Core, he was still considered a Prime in spirit because the Council chose him as the new leader. Thus the memory wipe would have erased all the way back to Orion and Megatronus coming before the Council.

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He was reverted to before he was a Prime. When he journeyed to the core he was Optimus Prime, albeit sans matrix. He became Optimus Prime when he and Megatron went before the council. Since it is implied that Megatron shortened his name before that, and if anything from Exodus is used though I don't expect it, he shortened it long before that.

So I basically assume Orion is back to the days he was conversing with Megatron. I also assume it isn't a hard reset, meaning his memories don't go from Sepetember 4th 1423 skipping a bunch to February 18th 2012. I think his memory is more a blur fading into darkness.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    But that doesn't make sense either, since why would the Matrix remove memories before he ever came in contact with it? The matrix stores all the wisdom of the Primes who carry it, so it shouldn't have those memories because it never "recorded" them.

And if that's true, the heavy exposition we endured made it sound like Megatron and Optimus were already falling out before he was officially elected Prime.

Nothing in the show supports this, though.

5. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

I support this.

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's a mystical plot device. It'll do what the writers need it to. And yeah I agree with what you'll say. That's not good but it's the truth.

As for the show not supporting it, it doesn't negate it either. Nor does it show definitive proof that he goes from one day long ago to now. I'm fully prepared for it to completely destroy my view of it. I also don't expect anyone to share my view. I think this makes it more interesting if it's just a blur rather than an on/off switch.

Your results may vary.