Something Ratchet REALLY could have done. (Not a Rant)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscreamer95, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    The Highway scene, right, how about if maybe between when Ironhide arrives to help the others outside NEST, they showed a scene of Ratchet (and maybe even Dino/Mirage, considering he just hides inside NEST) helping trapped humans in their cars on the Freeway. And Ratchet even taking some off to the Hospital. I don't know, I think people would have just really appreciated this coming from the character.

Or would this have just ruined the pacing of the movie?

EDIT: Some may like this idea more:

2. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

IMO, it would've helped the movie.

Heck, Ratchet helping out injured humans didn't even have to be after the Highway scene, it could've fit easily in with the Chicago fight. Just a scene perhaps with Ratchet seeing someone injured in the streets of Chicago and helping them out would've been nice. I could even go as far to say that maybe that should have been the reason why Ratchet got captured; because he was caught off guard helping out a human.

TL;DR: It would have been nice to see Ratchet doing some medic stuff, seeing as, y'know, he's the medic.

3. arceelover13

arceelover13 Well-Known Member

well to be honest as much of a ratchet fan as i am (even though it be kickass] i would say it would feel kinda out of place:] it would most likely feel better in Chicago but instead hes ordering civilians to move and get away from the decepticons? just a thought:]

4. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

Or, this!

5. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Excellent ideas! I love it :) 

6. LesterX

LesterX Banned

The Autobots didnt seem to give a crap about all the human deaths on the highway, IMO.

7. The Ramjet

The Ramjet Get. Out.

They really dropped the ball in these movies in regards to Ratchet and his medical officer status.

Shooting a healing laser into Bumblebee's throat and telling Jolt to attach some parts to Optimus is not enough.

He should have at least had some NEST base Autobot repair scenes, or something in regards to helping some of the numerous wounded humans there has been in the movies.

8. Jazz1979

Jazz1979 Well-Known Member

Well, for Bay all robots are bad-ass and only needed to cause SFX or being killed by humans.

9. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THIS. Dino freaking slammed Hatchet into a human-filled car ffs. Let alone them not trying to catch all the cars that Crankcase flipped into the air.

Ratchet was just severly underused. I think one of the problems was that very few bots came out of a battle injured. It was mostly come out unscratched or die. And the battles where robots did get hurt (Egypt bombing, Ironhide dying, Prime missing an arm) there was never any follow-up. The movie either ended or we moved staright allong.

How much better would it have been if the rust didn't kill Ironhide instantly and Ratchet had the chance to attend to him and try to save him first. Plus, we could have actually had them MOURN THE LOSS.

The saddest thing is that the only medical thing he did was work on Bee's voice, and we all know that never went anywhere.

10. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    watched bee get his legs blown off and ran away, watched jazz face megatron and ran away, watched jetfire commit suicide and didn't even attend to Optimus after his killing by megatron and asked to leave the planet of which Ironhide denied the request and egypt decided to just whip out his guns and shoot cons.

Stand up Autobot medic. (SARCASM)

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He was too busy planning how to explode Cybertron.

12. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    :lolol 

13. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Well to be fair,in the game Mirage doesn't seem to care for humans and is somewhat of a smartass towards them

14. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I do wish we saw a bit more of Ratchet in the movies. My initial reaction when they went to the Ark to retrieve Sentinel was "oh yay, Ratchet gets to do something!" He's not my favorite character (I love him in Prime, but in pretty much every other continuity he's a "meh" at best character to me), but I still felt like he should have gotten a bit more screen time, being one of the four Autobots that was in the entire trilogy.

15. Luka63

Luka63 Lukabot

I feel pretty bad now. I find Ratchet incredible in almost all his incarnations.

Granted I've only seen the film once, but I can't remember anything that Ratchet did in DOTM apart from the Moon sequence with Prime.

Somehow... I don't think that's down to a bad memory...

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Ratchet hasn't got much to do, and that comes down to a few things: one, the pace of the movie doesn't lend itself well to scenes like you described, especially that part. Two, he's one of many robot characters, and this is only a two hour movie with limitations like budget. Frankly I'm astonished we even GOT him in the moon scene.

17. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    He flashes his lights when Sam pets him! That scene made the whole movie for me. I squealed so hard.

Honestly I wouldn't want to see Ratchet helping humans.

18. AlphaTrionA3

AlphaTrionA3 Autobot

News Credits:
    Quoted for truth!

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Proof that everyone in Bayformers is a jerk.

Yes Ratchet should have doen stuff like that....He's a medic damnit do some medic stuff.

20. T.F. Allen

T.F. Allen Better known everywhere else as Theatre Josh

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I actually really like that idea. I'd go a step further, though, and say that the person he tries to help is deathly a-scared of him, and he's left with a screaming injured female and perhaps a husband pointing a gun at him. That could have been really dramatic.

Then again, such a scene might have fit in better before the Autobots left, making their departure seem more like it was actually happening.

Actually, that, to me, seemed like the sort of thing the medic would do. The humans don't want them there, they're likely to lose more of their already small number if they stay there, so why not leave and live? I never felt that he particularly meant it, but I think he felt that he had to say it.

...When did that happen?