Something Michael Bay said...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Roadtrack, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

Bay explained the Transformers did not blow their disguise by battling in Mission City in the first film.
    "Everybody has gone ahead. It's realistic. Two weeks after the tsunami nobody talked about it anymore. It's very weird. We decided to do the same with the Transformers. The government talks about a military thing, says all is false, that it's a joke, and people don't know what they really saw."

That's BULLS**T! Tsunamis are a natural normal phenomenon that we are aware about. No one who saw the robots fighting would be like "Oh, it was just a fight between big robots, we'll just move on with our lives" NO! And I don't see buildings being destroyed as a joke. And if the government is trying to persuade the public into thinking it was just a millitary thing, again is stupid. There will be people who insist that the Government is hiding truth from them (then again, even in real life we believe in Aliens hidden by our governmant)

So what does anyone think about this?

2. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Bay is a awesome director, but he has some lame explanation and quotes

3. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Assuming he's referring to the 2004 tsunami, sensitive. :rolleyes2 

Then again, it didn't happen anywhere near America or directly impact many Americans, so I guess it's an accurate statement considering how US network news tend to operate these days.

4. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    People should read inbetween the lines. Indirectly, Bay kind of criticizes government/military cover ups, even if it may seem ridiculous.

Remember this : Nixon also gave the greenlight to fooling the general public by means of a on-the-moon movie, in case they failed to get a man on the moon.

The whole fight was still city contained ; any press footage can be either manipulated or confiscated by government force and citizens could be declared to be in a mass state of shock, non credible.

Of course, as time passes, they will reveal more though through official press releases, step by step.

5. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Btw, where did Bay say this? If you post something referring to something, you should link to the source.

6. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Bay's a cock. Why does this continue to amaze people?

Wikipedia cites the quote as coming from the French magazine Premiere.

7. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Premiere Cinelive issue in which he revealed Turturro voices Jetfire.

8. JuicyNo

JuicyNo Well-Known Member

Not the most plausible of explanations and comparisons....but it's just a movie and I'll accept the possibility that somehow the government was able to cover up the entire Mission City incident.

9. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It is a lame excuse.

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    This explanation speaks volumes about Michael Bay.

11. Alienbot

News Credits:
    True. I preferred Bob's explanation when TF1 came out on the official forum: many saw UFOs battling over LA and then forgot about it. OK, it's nothing like that but still, the conspiracy storyline was being developed in the first film with the post-credits scene with Ron and Judy Witwicky, not to mention government communications where cut off.

In Doctor Who, a lot of people dismiss the various alien invasions on mass hallucinations and so on.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  12. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

The military killed everyone in Mission City :|

Thats what really happened.

13. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Men in Black stepped in and neuralyzed everyone. Duh.

14. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

And we stigmatize those people and say they're crazy.

If some nutjob rolled off the street, proclaiming that gigantic robots were fighting in Mission City, but there is zero evidence of the attack (government destroys/confiscates all of the evidence) would you believe them? Hell no. You'd think they needed a straightjacket and a lobotomy.

It's not that far fetched. If the government really wanted to cover it up, they could and make all the naysayers look stupid.

15. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In this day and age, it would be a nearly impossible task for the Government to do a full cover up of an event on the scale of the Mission City battle. We're talking tens of thousands of witnesses armed with cell phone cameras, computers and the internet. And once it gets on 4chan, you know it's over.

16. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Not when all communication networks are taken offline by evil giant robots.

17. Alienbot

News Credits:
    That was really the least well-handled part of the movie.

18. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Considering the loss of life and property damage, chalking it up to a terririst attack with high-end weaponry would be possible. Lots of people died there, and that isn't easy to just cover up.

19. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    This statement from Mr. Bay is much less stupid than some people over here think it is. Why? Because:

1. Global communications was down at this time. Don't ask me why somebody was still able to purchase an Xbox360, but phones and internet and all that was down, so nobody could immediately go home and call somebody there's robots in town.
    2. Total panic. Although I bet alot of people will be able to see there's big ass alien robots attacking each other in the city, pretty much most of them will not clearly remember what happened except for something was shooting and exploding, and they were running for their lives. Situations like this give people such adrenaline rushes their memory is partially blocked.
    3. Government covering up. So hey, you saw big robots? Possible, they were military prototypes! Yes, really! If you keep telling people something over and over, eventually they will believe you. Because if you keep repeating it and keep to it, that probably means you think it's right..they start to doubt themselves ("maybe I did see something different?"), and they know you are the 'expert'. Also, bring me to the next point:
    4.Time messes with your memory Over time you will just forget or ignore stuff you know or have experienced. Sure, there are times when you suddenly recall stuff, but in time, you will just forget or don't remember it quite as clear anymore. I remember one time I had a very weird experience, and afterwards told myself I should never forget it all happened. Now, when I look back upon it, I can't even remember if it was real or if I had dreamed it.
    5.Purposely adding false info to debunk the truth. The government could easily hire people who will claim there were alien robots, only to have them come with proof that is clearly photoshopped, false, etc. No matter how real some camera pictures of survivors can be, if there are tons of fake ones nobody will believe the real ones to be real anymore. They will think the person telling the truth is just another lunatic.

In the end, sure there are people that will still know the truth, but few people won't ever get the message across if the mass thinks otherwise. If you still think that's not true, just think about it: has it ever been proven that aliens exist? The answer would be: no. Yet, there's alot of people on this planet, on the internet, on tv, or in real life, claiming that they are real, some backing up their words with 'facts'. In the end, like in point 5, there's also so many crazy people claiming these things that are obviously fake, nobody knows what to believe.

20. Alienbot

News Credits:
    I'd laugh if in the second film CG G1-style robots were shown in fake photos of the battle.