something in the movie i don't understand.. please explain.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SideSwipe82, Jul 6, 2007.

1. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

1) how come sam's grandpa's glasses are so BIG?(the part when prime picks up the glasses) it's the size of sam.

2)Is starscream the strongest of all the deceps? with his missle launching ability and lighting speed, i think he is.

3)Is that really Devastator?

4)Maybe this has been answered before, why the name Sam, and not SPIKE?

5)how come only bumblebee landed on earth first, how?

6)why did Optimus ask Sam to put the Cube into his chest? He would have gotton killed just like megatron.. Is there a different effect if the cube was put into an autobot? Am i missing something?

7)how did all the human know who's the bad bots? was it explained in the show?

8)did prime use his lazer rifle in the movie?

9)Is jazz really gone? couldn't he just take another form if his spark is still good? like bumblebee did with his OLD camero.

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    No?

Don't think so

Confirmed error, will be fixed on the DVD.

Not G1

I'm sure it is explained in the prequel...I dunno.

Better the cube destroyed then in Megatron's hands.

I'd assume the one's fucking shooting at the people would kinda obviously be bad.

Yes, did you see the movie?

He's dead. Reformating and resurrection are two different things.

3. citcgn

citcgn Well-Known Member

To add to what was already posted:

They weren't that big. Optimus could barely pick them up with the tips of his fingers.

Starscream shot up Ironhide and Ratchet a bit and then took off. How do you think he would have fared against Optimus? I don't think he would have done anywhere near as well as Megatron did.

Nope, that was Brawl.

Sam was Spike's brother, if I remember correctly.

He volunteered to go into space first because his mission was one one where Megatron almost got the Allspark, forcing Optimus to make it leave Cybertron.

It was said a number of times that Optimus might die if he absorbed the Allspark. He also said more than once that it was worth it to prevent Megatron from having it.

If the vehicle has a GMC logo on it, it's a good guy. If it's a tank or an alien death plane that's flicking humans away, it's probably a bad guy.

He shot Megatron with it when Megatron first tried to use his fusion cannon. It got knocked away from him when Megatron hit Optimus with his fusion blast.

He's dead.

4. JusticeSabre

JusticeSabre FLUKE the SYSTEM.

Ebay:
    lol

5. Skitch76

Skitch76 Well-Known Member

Hehe...if it says GMC, it's a good guy. I like that.

I couldn't help but notice that any other car we could see the grill for was GMC too...the S7 cars, I think even the tow truck. I had to laugh at how much of a commercial the whole movie was. = )

6. optimus kimchee

optimus kimchee Well-Known Member

ha ha ha ha, that's the best answer I've seen in a while! ha ha ha ha

7. GoldbuG1

GoldbuG1 Member

He's called Sam because Spike is just a silly name (as is Sparkplug) for a human being. I think they could've gotten away with saying once or twice that his nickname around home was Spike though.

8. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

^His ebay user name could have been Spike217 (or some other number instead of 217)...

9. Energon_Skywarp

Energon_Skywarp Well-Known Member

This really makes me curious as to how they managed to squeeze in a Saleen Mustang.

Not that I'm complaining. Barricade rocks!!

10. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, that would've been a nice, little nod to the fans. But not nearly as funny - scene got good laughs from a GP audience.

QFT!! :lol 

Yea, basically BB & the Cons are on Earth. Starscream fooled some humans, got info on S7, humans woke up & helped Prime & co kick SS & co's butts. (Ghosts of Yesterday) Presumably between that (1969) & current, BB landed & scanned his form & waited. Target-exclusive prequel 1-shot shows that BB was tracking the family of Archibald Witwicky, and traced to Sam's dad's. SS & co must've landed sometime prior to movie & laid low - while avoiding attempts by S7 to catch NBE-2.

11. bushboy

bushboy Hardcore Decepticon

Because Spike is a dog's name. Hey, they should have named it Spike instead of Mojo!

12. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

I kept hoping that they'd show him wearing a yellow hardhat at some point.

But when Duhamel's character said "Bring the rain...lets kill these things" I still can't figure out if he meant Optimus, too.

13. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    It wasn't really explained. But someone had to scope things out.

Weren't they using lasers to pinpoint the targets like they did with Scorponok in Qatar?

14. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I thought maybe he meant that too. Like he wanted to just get rid of ALL the Transformers... even our beloved Autobots. That's almost what it seemed like anyway...

And while "Spike217" would've been a nice nod to us fans, I thought "Ladiesman217" was hilarious though.

AND if the dog was named Spike instead of Mojo then we wouldn't have gotten the hilarious "Mojo... is this what the kids are doing now?" (slightly paraphrased I think) line :lol 

15. Lady_Prime

Lady_Prime Prime's Leading Lady

Ebay:
    I found two continuity errors in the film so far..one was the license plate on the old Bumblebee when, at Boliva's place, he didn't have one. But why did they put an old blue CA license plate on the car when they have been out of circulation for decades?

And all of the Transformers during the highway scene were going the wrong way on the freeway. The highway sign for street turn offs showed behind them perfectly..

Heather

16. meggatron

meggatron Banned

From how i understood it from the game and such, they were sending out recon missions sort of like probe droids in star wars, to find the thing, and BB was the one sent by auto.
    Also i didnt get the feeling that ALL the deciptions were on earth. I figured it was just barricade/frenzy to start off, then blackout landed a bit later, and then the rest

17. meggatron

meggatron Banned

isnt the old blue plates for classic cars as well?

I noticed one my third time seeing it, when she goes to see her hacker friend she jumps in a black cab, BUT when she gets out she is in a white cab...

18. RowdyHavokRolla

RowdyHavokRolla Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I HATE YOU

19. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Hmmmm I don't think so. Maybe you need those glasses.

Yes. He is the most feared decepticon next to Megatron. In the prequil, the autobots freaked out when StarScream was coming.

I keep hearing that it was a mistake and will be changed to Brawl?

This is not G1. Maybe a relative of Spike? I don't know.

Bumblebee is the Autobot scout. It only makes sense to have the scout ... you know ... scout around before sending in everyone else. In the prequil they did the same thing, sending Bumblebee in first. And before you make the stupid argument of them risking one of their own, real life military does the same thing.

You must have been sleeping during that part of the movie, or dropped your spectacles while it was happening so let me explain. Before the final battle, Optimus told the other Autobots he was going to sacrifice his own life by joining the allspark with his spark to destroy it for the purpose of ending the war. This was a very courageous and noble decision to give his own life so that there will be peace. This was explained to the autobots beforehand, and he told Spike to do it because of the situation. It is what he was going to do anyway. Spike just found another opportunity to kill Megatron with it.

The humans knew about Prime, Jazz, Bumblebee, Ratchet, and Ironhide beforehand because they encountered them already. As far as letting the others know ... they call that COMMUNICATION. But, as in all movies, we don't see 100% of all of the communication that happens. There are lots of people involved behind the scenes.

Not that I saw.

I am hoping that his Spark was not totally extinguished and he is repaired in Transformers 2. From what I understand, their spark is kept in the chest. He was torn below his chest.

20. Kenji

Kenji Well-Known Member

Sam "Spike" Witwiky; this idea was later scrapped, Roberto Orci citing that these nicknames seemed inappropriate, based on his occupation in the original series being non-existent in the film. However, he has stated that these nicknames may possibly be earned in any sequels[1].
    there straight from Wikipedia