Something I posted in the new trailer thread & I thought id echo it here.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by R.I.N.G.R.A.M., Apr 29, 2009.

1. R.I.N.G.R.A.M.

R.I.N.G.R.A.M. 2nd Medic of Team Zissou

I originally posted this in the new trailer thread this morning and it got a few interesting replies.

"I know im gonna be hated for saying this but I ****** love mudflap and skidz!

I dont understand all the hate they get. For two completely made up 'comedy relief' characters they have a certain charm about them and heaven forbid me for saying so but appear to have more character then some established autobots.

I dont know why but I just really like them. From what Ive seen so far from the toy bios, comments and footage etc.., they seem to realise they arent the greatest but are still eager to do their best and try to please everyone.

I like their design, I like their characters and I like the childlike simple innocence they seem to portray. They are both just so endearing, and that little happy scream from mudflap as he gets sucked into the vortex just cements this to me and had me worried for the little guy. I really hope that isnt the end of mudflap.

I really hope they will surprise the people writing them off already during the course of the whole film. I hope."

Just do not understand all the hate these two are getting, we havent even seen the film yet and already people are calling them the 'jar-jar' characters. A tad unfair I feel, as since Jar Jar, ive never ever seen characters as annoying as him that have been aimed at kids. Give em a chance.

2. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

Jar Jar ruined it for everyone and everything

3. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

For me, I think it's the fact that they DO seem to have more character than most of the established bots, which I think the story should be more focused around, and not ones they just made up.

Well, that and they're really dumb looking, and apparently not too inteligent. Not to mention just annoying in general, IMO

4. NoleScream

NoleScream The Anti-Troll

Ring,

I'm with you on the twins, I don't get the hate prior to seeing them. Sure I might hate them after I see the move, but I get the feeling they're going to be lovable losers and then grow up in the final scenes to show their Autobot bravery.

Time to rant...

Some of the fanboys can't get passed the fact that the movie characters "are not G1." Of course not, this is GMB, which is fine in it's own right. Yes I love to see homages here and there, but if we were doing a G1 live action, I think it would suck. The creativity of Devastator in ROTF blew my mind. You've got the major story lines of Optimus vs. Megatron, etc. etc. It's a great telling of the story, imho.

And for those that hate Michael Bay, I'm sorry but Speilberg made the right pick for Transformers. I want to see GIANT F'ING ROBOTS BLOWING THING UP. :bay  I want to see Megan Fox hang over a car and lay out over a Harley. I want to eat popcorn, be awed and enjoy my $10 worth of entertainment for 2.5 hours. For the price you can't beat it. :popcorn 

Movies became a lot more fun for me when I grew out of my college "pick apart every little thing about the movie and bitch about it" phase.

5. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I'm kind of fond of the Twins so far, but I can't really judge until I see them on screen of course.

I was very surprised with them because I was expecting different Transformers to pop up (like Cliffjumper) and then they gave us these 2 abominations :lol  but they're kinda cool.

I swear in the trailer Mudflap is a robotic Elmo from Sesame Street!

I just wanna have fun, so I have no problems with funny characters, if they are handled right.

I just made 5 lines that started with I.

True dat. On the other hand, I'm perfectly able to love a movie but still discuss and joke about its many flaws (like TF1!)..being able to rationalize is a gift not many people seem to have nowadays..:p 

6. Lone_Decepticon

Lone_Decepticon Well-Known Member

Im with ya man!! Im diggin the twins.. and I hope they do some crazy off-the-wall stuff and make all the haters "cry delicious tears".. Yaaaaaay!

7. Crombiecron

Crombiecron Planet Muncher

I love these two guys as well, so does my brother, hes praying that mudflap dont meet his end in devastators mouth.
    i hate how people are complaining because they have more character than other bots form the old ones when these were just made up......

ALL TRANSFORMERS WERE JUST MADE UP, its not like prime is real and he standing next to cgi skids. at some point in any incarnation of transformers characters have been made up that weren't around before, why should this be any different

8. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

The twins not a fan..however they seem funny....but they should not get more time than sideswipe ironhide and whoever else...it seems like they are so I dont like them...the movie should focus on the original characters...the twins can just be the garbage bots the cons anhilate to make them seem ruthless

9. NoleScream

Yeah, I can joke about it too. I get what you mean. :)  I am just amazed by how many people let some of that stuff completely ruin entertaining movies for themselves.

10. NoleScream

Along the same lines of the twins... I really like Wheelie, his design and his bio. The thought of a little guy so scared that he does whatever anyone says to him is great.

11. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the look of them, yes including the crazy heads.
    Character-wise I will wait until I see the movie before judging them.
    I have no problem at all with them if they end up being eager upstarts trying to impress Prime and the others and sometimes getting in over their heads, as long as they don't devolve into non stop slapstick.

I've never had a problem with light hearted characters in Transformers, it would be so boring if everyone was a battle hardened badass etc.

12. BDbots72

BDbots72 Well-Known Member

I dont mind the twins, i think they'll have a creative role. Bay will likely make them stupid and fun simply to apease certain audience members. But i also seem him doing something memorable with the characters as well. I will however, be dissappointed if there spot in the film takes away from characters like ironhide ( my fav) and sideswipe.

13. NoleScream

That's a good point.

What I think is so funny about some fans getting all over the Twins is the fact that they the same folks beg for more "personality" from the Bots and Cons. It makes sense that there would be some "younger" Bots that would annoy the living piss out of a battled hardened bot like Ironhide or Jetfire maybe.

Someone a few days ago made a point that they thought it would be great if The Twins kept calling JetFire "gramps" or something. I think that would be the perfect kind of comic relief for the movie. Nothing better than a crotchety old man pissed off at the "kids" while trying to impart some knowledge on them.

14. Razorbeast

Razorbeast With Love and Squalor

I do think it would be cool if Jetfire and the twins had an Animated Ratchet/Bumblebee relationship :) 

When I got to movies I don't hold expectations for what I think it's going to be, I just watch it and accept whatever is presented on screen and then decide what I like about it. I find flaws and strengths alike, but most of the time for me the flaws are easy to overlook and be like "whatever" :p 

15. Sinshen32

Sinshen32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm reserving judgment.

16. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm optimistic about the twins now. Loved seeing Mudflap actually fight Devs. They may actually be pretty cool.

And I love the way Skids looks. That green is perfect.

17. Lone_Decepticon

Lone_Decepticon Well-Known Member

Now, this would be cool to see.... especially if Jetfire decides to swat them with his cane or they pull some stunt that pisses him off even more. I also like the fact that they are young and eager and willing to please, being around their heroes and such.

18. NoleScream

LOL.

Skids: Ya gramps tell us about that big crash landing you had and why you decided to be that black jet when you got here. Oh and what was it like on Cybertron? You know Starscream is a Decepticreep now. Do you like this green? I could change colors if I wanted to, Mudflap can't do that, he's sooooo slow sometimes I can't believe I'm even related to him. I don't know why he can't....

Mudflap: ::interrupts Skids:: Ugh, sorry Mr. Jetfire, you'll have to excuse my brother he's a little slow and doesn't realize that. It's not his fault he's the younger one.

Skids: Younger!? By like a microsecond...

Jetfire: Ugh! Shut up, both of you! ::smacks them both with the cane:: Wretched little bots.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'm with you, they look pretty good. I don't think we've ever had TFs exactly like them.

20. Bayless

Bayless Well-Known Member

this thread is my haven lol
    no "DIS AINT GEEWUNZ" talk in here. *relaxes with a beer by the pool* right on

nah i entirely agree. im excited to see the twins in action. i hope TOO much isnt focused on them mainly just because id hate to see a cast of badass lose focus, know what i mean?
    i think theyll make the fight scenes they're in fun.