Something I Noticed About Devastator Bashing

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Xaddion, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    For a while, I noticed that Devastator is mostly bashed by people who don't have one, while the ones who DO own one usually praise it.

2. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I've heard this a lot actually. I still don't think he's what he could have been, but I bet if I ever get him in hand I'll enjoy him.

3. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

I feel the same way about the animated line...

4. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

So is this an "If you don't own him, then you can't criticize him" type of thread?

5. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I still like the Legends version.

6. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    I bought one for my son. I'll bash him fairly, thanks.

7. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I try not to bash him and i dont have the supreme just the legends. The only thing i can say is based upon the images and videos i have seen of him the original pricetag is steep. Legends though totally awesome and well worth it!

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I own the supreme and its not as bad as i thought it was although I did want to punt mixmaster for not shutting up until I took out his batteries

9. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    yes i wodner why they bash him easly

(i dont have him but i want him)

10. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    I have him and i can't say he's the best TF but he's a pretty fun toy.

11. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't have him and don't plan to (too big, too expensive and his characterization did nothing for me). I'll not bash him though.

12. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    My son owns it, I've messed with it extensively. The only thing going for it is it's size in bot mode. Everything other than that detracts from it. Long Haul is way to small and doesn't dump and just looks horrible. Also the fact that Scavenger's bucket has a hole in the back sucks too. Hightower's alt mode is horrible. The fact that you can't leave the batteries in because a change in airflow makes him make noise is a turnoff too. Shall I go on?

13. Squawktalk

Squawktalk Light cyclist

News Credits:
    /\ I agree /\

This thread is kind of silly.

Anyway. I don't have any devastators except for the sixbuilder. Before it was repainted into devastator. I enjoy it. i also have landfill which was repainted into devastator. Also enjoyable.

I have no intentions of acquiring the supreme devastator because it's too expensive to not have individual transformations. I also know someone who has it, and it is kind of annoying. It doesn't quit talking and it has a hard time standing up it seems.

The legends rotf devastator looks like fun though.

14. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    I've seen minicon combiners better than that thing.[/critic]

Anyway, I'm not one for it, but glad some people are enjoying it.:p 

15. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Nah it's ok because you actually tired it. I'm not saying it shouldn't be bashed at all, just that folks should at least try it or hear numerous negative reviews on it from those who tried it firsthand before forming an opinion on it, because it might be surprisingly good.

16. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i shall say the legends one looks like in person, i saw one at wal-mart yesterday and boy do i want it 10 times more

17. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Every time I see Mixmaster from the Supreme Devastator, he looks like a fat cat. I keep expecting him to "meow".

18. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

I wasn't too keen on Supreme Devastator until lately when I got him and it turns out he's really fun to play with. I say play because I don't normally play with my TFs (mostly shelving, posing, and photos :rolleyes: ) but because Devs is a series of (surprisingly positionable) interlocking bricks it makes him THE perfect play figure from the movie line (and many TF series in general). Considering the complicated nature of most of the movie toys it's really refreshing to have one so simple that is dang near indestructible, at least by comparison (with the exception of Scrappers railings).

Plus the enormous size of the figure reminds me of being younger back when a deluxe was a big toy in comparison to my child self.

This...

And besides, what's not to love?!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In regards to those that speak out against the mold it does indeed have flaws and it would have been nice to have robot modes but not at the expense of turning it into a towering mass of ball-joints (imopo).

19. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

There's one problem with that though. I'm not gonna spend a bunch of cash to try something I'm fairly certain I'm not going to like, and end up with something I don't want. I've seen enough pictures and reviews to decide that I don't like the toy. I've seen it in person on shelves at the store and remain completely un-impressed. I don't really "play" with my transformers, so any play value he might have doesn't really matter to me. What I care about is the way it looks, articulation, accuracy, etc. Basically I care about display value, and for me, movie devastator has none of that. Plus I don't care how anyone trys to justify it, I still don't think it's right for devastator to not have individual robot modes. I'm not necessarily bashing it, just saying it's not for me. I'm not going to waste money on something that's not for me. If some people like it, that's great for them, glad someone does. I don't, so that's great for me, saves me some money.

20. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I've always wanted one, but for the right price. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get one for $40ish at some point. Every store I go to always has one or two in stock.