Something I just noticed about Demolishor/Optimus

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Excelsior Prime, Jul 18, 2009.

1. wchen34

wchen34 Well-Known Member

Actually Bay cares. In TF1 many fans said OP is a wuss, so Bay changed it. When ROTF came out, a lot of people finally like this badass prime.

2. SC0RP0N0K

SC0RP0N0K Well-Known Member

You missed my point, nevermind.

I don't see how people could ask for a more badass Prime since he was hardly shown in the first movie. I'm not saying they didn't, I'm just saying he didn't show up until almost the 3rd act of the movie and then didn't do much more than fight. I couldn't tell that much about him to call him a wuss. lol

3. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Ah, forgive me. I didn't mean to cause insult to anyone. It's just that comparison with G1 occurs to me as the most likely explanation for why anyone would be unhappy with Movie Prime's 'powerful' performance. I guess some may just find Movie Prime's portrayal at times bordering on needlessly brutal and unheroic in a general way.

And i thought that how Prime referred to Sam as "Boy" after his resurrection was a bit odd too.

Oh i don't think the movies are completely detached from G1 influences. Of all the Autobots, Optimus is the most G1-influenced imo. The movies are not of the same universe and rules as G1, but they do still rely on the nostalgic appeal originating from the days of G1 to attract audience interest. Movie Prime may not be the same as G1 Prime, but he sure is heavily-based on him!

4. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    You'd think, but that's never been Bay. And the fact is, with the success of the films in a world that has multiple corners of generations hungry for twenty+ years of live action/cg Transformers, Bay can feel justified in anything he does. For anyone that simply does not like the current movie franchise, they can only look forward to the third installment coming, being done with, then a hopeful reboot down the line.

Personally? I say to anyone crying for a reboot, be patient. In 2011 the 3rd Bayformers flick will be in theaters, ride out that year and then the next with further toys & DVD sales, then a mere two years after that we'll be in 30th Anniversary of the franchise times. TELL me a better time for a reboot.

Yep, symbols used, Murphy being quoted at the time as saying "G1 with updates" that had most thinking ILM quality renderings of Alternator & Classics-line types, true to known characters of yesteryear, the flat-nosed G1 colored semi with trailer at that convention, all this before Bay was brought onboard. The general feel of the fandom at the time was skeptical but eager & hopeful. Then Bay did come on despite the John Rogers script being shite, brought Orci & Kurtzman on to rewrite it, then (as clearly stated by ILM in interviews) put his heavy hand into how the Transformers looked (and he's happy to share he had his way, even to Hasbro's chagrin on some matters). Then the sketched leak of Starscream's design hit the web. I don't know what the response was around other parts, but having been part of the official movie site at the time I can say it was mostly split between disgust and disbelief. That was when the ball got rolling there. And now we have the usual rift in fans that comes with any & all TF series, the majority of us floating inbetween.

But whatever. What's done is done, as always, and this mudball'o'green & blue keeps on a'spinnin'. It's all Transformers, and its a different style to bring in a different crowd that happens to let many fans tag along. If anyone doesn't like it, or just doesn't like this or that, there's other TF medias to thoroughly enjoy & revisit at a whim. And there's always the future to look forward to, to see what they'll do next. Fact is, I don't think any individual Transformers fan would be 100% satisfied in every single respect possible unless they were given full control of a continuity. But that's what fanfics, customs & dreams are for, I guess.

blah, blah, blah. Sorry to ramble.

5. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Yeah, I remember when Starscream and Megatron designs were first released. Man, those were some really heated days. Good Times.

6. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its 2012 :) 

7. Covenant

Ebay:
    What is?

8. Tommybg2003

News Credits:
    3rd movie

9. SC0RP0N0K

SC0RP0N0K Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know it's not Bay. His treatment of Pearl Harbor proved that to me. I mean the sheer balls he must have to screw up a story that powerful is beyond my comprehension. lol

I totally agree with you that the 3rd movie will only be more of the same. I do hope for a reboot soon, but even during the 30th anniversary I doubt they will do anything beyond putting amazing special effects on top of a overall badly written script with a heavy handed director thrown in. =(

Yeah, like I said, I was really lead to believe that the new movies were "G1 with updates". I didn't mind that they planned to update the alt modes and didn't really care that OP wasn't a flat nosed cab. I did have problems with the looks of their robot modes, but my main problem was the way they portrayed them.

No need to be sorry you make some great points. =)

10. Covenant

Ebay:
    I've seen some mark that year for the 3rd flick, but everything official I've read still reads as '11, which fits in his shooting schedule if prior habits indicate. Did Bay confirm the '12 release date recently or something?

11. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Considering Don Murphy is practically the physical embodiment of a vicious lie, was anyone really surprised that it wasn't the truth?

12. Covenant

Ebay:
    Having been in a direct online personal altercation with the man more than once in the last few years; Now? No.

But back then, before so many kept up with the guy, before a lot of folks even knew who he was; Then? Well, yeah.

Some producer we hardly knew on the whole at the time shopping around the idea for a big budget live action/cgi movie about The Transformers (albeit with a crap script at the time) actually speaks to the fandom with words we like to hear?

Excitement > Logic

13. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Nothing wrong with Prime kicking ass.

14. Tommybg2003

News Credits:
    NO! he should have just came upto demolisher and handed him a teddybear!

/end sarcasm

15. Optimus Matt

Optimus Matt Well-Known Member

but i think there is circumstances were it still is self defense. if the guy threatens to kill you or someone else later do you want to risk it. i say if you don't want to kill the guy at least cripple him so he wont be able to do anything, but i guse he could still call a hit or something so its just easier the disable him for good.

16. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

Prime was delivering some much-deserved revenge!

17. MetaBeshter

MetaBeshter Well-Known Member

Those people saying that Prime is too violent and calling those of us who don't mind AT ALL or PREFER Prime kicking Decepti-ass left and right 'psycho's' or whatever I'm betting dead on that if something like in ROTF were to happen (The Fallen on everyones T.V. asking for some kid to be given to him) You'd be the ones jumping in your cars bikes and whatever to search for him and turn him in.

18. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

* I shouldn't have laughed so hard at that, but that was funny. :D 

19. Tommybg2003

News Credits:
    prime to violent....wait! you guys are right, we need LESS violent wars.............................. or might wanna just look up the definition of war.

20. GuyverDarkHero

GuyverDarkHero Active Member

Don't forget in the forrest fight, OP rips off SS's arm just to use it as a weapon!!!

:thumbs2:  :bay