Something I just noticed about Demolishor/Optimus

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Excelsior Prime, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Excelsior Prime

Excelsior Prime Autobot Leader

I was watching the film again and being able to rewind/slow down/freeze frame (let's not get into how) I noticed that not only does Demolishor run over a number of cars with people inside of them, he casually tosses one vehicle off the highway, beeping as it plummets to destruction.

This guy is a murderous titan, no doubt about it. And yet some folks really think Prime is "too hard on him?"

If there's any doubt the Decepticons in hiding are not bad guys, this should be more than enough proof.

-Prime

2. Nightwing24

Nightwing24 00 Agent

News Credits:
    there's already a long ass thread about this and probobly a few more. It's been known sense the first teaser that he killed people.

3. Excelsior Prime

Excelsior Prime Autobot Leader

^^^Hey that's great. Thanks. We'll continue to discuss it here, though.

-Prime

4. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Yeah, I'm convinced that the people saying that Prime is "Too hard on Demolishor :cry  " have to be joking. I mean seriously. These aren't the bumbling Decepticons from G1.

Do you really think that when The Fallen and Megatron arrived to earth, that Demolishor and Sideswipe would just be chilling out being all "yeah we're not involved with the war anymore"? Prime *has* to be ruthless, these Decepticons are actual threats.

5. 1govnor1

1govnor1 Giggidy

Agreed!

6. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

the dcons must be stopped no matter the cost

7. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, Demolishor kills plenty of innocent civillians during his escape.
    For that alone he deserved to be executed by Optimus.

8. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

9. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Well im going to assume there is no convincing anyone who wants to believe thats how prime should act.

However that is not Primes style it just isnt even in that scenario. However even more so is the way he is dismembering everything in site its not the peaceful warrior tact that we have come to understand and furthermore is just a simple reminder of how desensitized this world has become when we encourage if not demand violence in all forms.

Give me your face was not only cheezy it was out of character there is no rational for it or the myriad of other things Prime supposedly does for his "reasons". Prime was not about taking a life unless it was neccesary and it didnt look like demolisher was in any shape to fight back at that point. So when you kill someone like that its called murder not self defense.

look it up its defined in law books a million times over. Prime has more of a case to kill the fallen but ripping off the face and punching through the chest was stupid and made no sense.

F@#$ ROTF Prime he is a piece of garbage just like the decepticons he murdered.

10. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

problem is when your defenseless which he was at that point it changes the whole perspective. Any cop or military person will tell you shooting a disarmed assailant will get you in jail cause its called murder then. remember the differance it ll help you in life im sure.

never mind the fact decepticons dont even think of humans as alive so demolisher could have plead ignorance lol point being is that your idea of Prime is wrong pure and simple

11. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Ego much?

12. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    You could already see people sticking to his wheels in the very first trailer footage.

Pretty cruel, but funny stuff in a movie.

13. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    More like Random if you ask me...

14. KingStarscream9

KingStarscream9 Destroy

what would you do if you would see OsamaBinLaden,who,imagine,killed your best friends,family with no mercy?Will you say:-You are defencless so I'll not shoot you,there is a law.Man I imagine you would do even more than just shoot him.Man,I sound cruel:D 

15. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I think what gets people saying that Optimus went overkill on Demolishor is that Big D started crying, as if a way to beg for mercy. Anyone notice that?

Big D was one without mercy towards the humans, and in his final seconds pleaded for it. You'd think a brute like Big D would be made of sterner stuff. :p 

16. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    people act like prime was never like this before, hell in the g1 episode "Prime Target", ole prime was PISSED after the human Chumley kept hurtin the autobots and stuff......closest prime has come to actually wanting to harm a human in g1

17. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    He was a huge decepticon and killed alot of people! Just like Bonecrusher. Bonecrusher hates it when I say his name.

18. wchen34

wchen34 Well-Known Member

Another prime is evil thread. LOL

19. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

So then build a big jail to house Demolisher. The fact that we are even discussing this is absolutely asinine. For those that think should not have killed him what do they think he should have done? What can you do with him? Build a jail for him? When people are apprehended they are put in jail, but I don't think Demolisher fits in one. There is no other choice but to destroy the enemy. If left behind the real possibility exists that he can be resuced by the Decepticons are repaired. People also forget that in the '86 movie Prime had his weapon pointed at Megatron and was on the verge of blasting him to oblivion until Hot Rod interfered.

20. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Demolishor didn't look that critically wounded. I mean yeah he was messed up, but he looked like he had enough in him for the "last gasp attack" where he suddenly springs up and kills someone.

He took a couple shots to the head while he was rolling, which didn't seem to phase him. Optimus shot his wheel out, which sent him tumbling from the overpass. It was a violent tumble, but considering they can regenerate damage, he may have survived long enough to critically wound Optimus, Ironhide, or any of the NEST team that got close enough.