Something I don't get...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by WreckNRule426, Jul 4, 2011.

1. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

When the Autobots came back, Optimus said that the reason they faked their deaths was so the government could understand that Decepticons would never leave the planet alone. And yet...that obviously came at the cost of a gazillion human lives.

Is there something more to this or did Prime just decide to be a jerk and let them all die?

2. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    He was doing it to save the humans from having 2 enemies (Decepticons and Autobots).

I don't think they fully knew what the Decepticons were planning.

3. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

The way i take it is that optimus had to show that the decepticons do not keep their word.
    And he also knew they would be shot down (ambushed), so government or not, they were not going to allow themselves to be killed like that (without a fight).

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    He did this as a publicity stunt.

IT WORKED DIDN'T IT?

5. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Almost immediately after Starscream destroyed the Xantium (sp?), Sentinel and Megatron set their plan in motion. The Decepticon ships came in, sealing off Chicago, while 'Con soldiers spread out around the world, getting the Pillars into position. If the Autobots had died aboard the ship, there would have been nobody to stop the Decepticons. Cybertron would have come to Earth in its entirety, and humanity would have become slaves. Game over. We lose.

6. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Optimus believes that "freedom is the right of all sentient beings." He honored the request of the humans because their really was no reasoning with them at that point. He would have had to betray his beliefs. Remember when Dylan says "we had to make sure they'd leave without a fight." The humans would have fought to kick out the Autobots. After the fighting starts then everyone wants the Autobots back to save the planet.

7. MikeDiaz

MikeDiaz Well-Known Member

It was the only way...

8. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    As ..what's the word? ..Well, looks wrong from one point of view but like..ugh..my sister-in-law will say: the baby needs to know the oven is hot to NOT touch it again. Maybe Prime follows the same way of thinking? Humans need to learn to trust Autobots for the bad way? ^^'

9. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    Well let's get totally technical with this. If Prime had ultimately done the "primely" thing he should have left the planet and honored his word like he said and not come back at all...hence, should have been vaporized.

Seriously, does nobody see the irony here with all of the moral dilemmas people have had with Optimus.

He lied to save a planet but the fact he committed a dishonest act should not excuse that...HE'S A DAMN LIAR! He goes back on his word. C'mon let's really get the lynch mob in on this one!!! :rolleyes2 

Let's not forget, he stepped all over defenseless flowers in the first movie. Man, he IS a bastard!

Between you and me, I hear the scuttlebutt is that those hatchlings Megatron was keeping were actually created from Optimus knocking up a bunch of parking meters and just driving away. Megatron was simply keeping Prime's image clean, he was never the bad guy at all!